DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
804 Posts
suggestion thatw asd given on this board awhile ago was to chalk up your tires and run them a little bit and see where the chalk rubs off and where not. If it rubs off in the center but not the outside its inflated too much. If the outside is rubbing off but not the inside its not inflated enough. Really as far as the pressure goes it all depends on how much weight you pull around. It also depends on what type of tire and such. I know on my truck with 33's allterrains I run usually about 45 PSI. My max is 60 that I can run if I wanna load down and fill my bed I will put my pressure up close to max.

· Big Green
8,340 Posts
This question while asked allot will create allot of discussion. I have 60 psi rated max but I run 50 and like the balance of wear and ride. Some will tell you more some will tell you less. It takes time and practice to find your own. Just remember run pressure too low and wears the edges out and too high wears the middle out.

· Registered
179 Posts
When on the street use more pressure to help your gas mileage....when offroading deflate a little to get more rubber on the pavement...45psi....60 max max max!!

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
i had 35x12.50x17 toyo open country mt with the same type truck and had 40-45 and a lil less in the rear...there is a sweet spot that is different on each truck really...depends on the rims too...mine were on the stock offroad 17x8 rims

· Ram x2
391 Posts
On my 37's I have been running 24 psi in them and the contact patch is near perfect and the ride is very smooth.

If I try to run them at what they are rated for (50psi), I bounce all over the place!

· Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,505 Posts
I have 35x12.50/17 Toyo Open Country M/T's on a '99 1500 extended cab 4x4. I was running 40 PSI in the beginning, and now run 35 PSI (per recommendation from Toyo), and they feel about perfect. I still have to do a chalk test, but my guess is somewhere between 30-35 PSI is going to yield a good even contact patch with the weight of my truck on these tires.

· I disgaree...:)
2,021 Posts
Silver_DodgeRam said:
I have 35x12.50/17 Toyo Open Country M/T's on a '99 1500 extended cab 4x4. I was running 40 PSI in the beginning, and now run 35 PSI (per recommendation from Toyo), and they feel about perfect. I still have to do a chalk test, but my guess is somewhere between 30-35 PSI is going to yield a good even contact patch with the weight of my truck on these tires.
That is my story too. I run 35 psi now and it is about perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.