Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
Just bought a 1996 Ram 1500 SLT. 2WD 5.9 V8
Wanted to introduce myself to the forums and say hello.
The truck has a few cool things on it already.
Cat Back exhaust
Air-Ride System.
I'm looking to do dual exhaust and I would like a nice hood in the future.
Can you guys give e some good websites for parts and accessories?
Thanks

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
I don't know if you have had your pickup long enough to judge, but I was wondering how do you like the Air-Ride system so far? Is it air all around, or just in the rear? Does it have the cab controlled compressor, or just the air line connections in the back?
I've been debating for a long time about putting that on the rear to adjust for heavy loads, but I have not been able to talk to many people who actually have one.

Welcome to this Forum by the way. :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well It was my father- in laws truck so i've driven it and ridden it a few times, and I like the air ride alot. It's alot smoother ride. it's air ride all the way around and it uses a comprssor. The controls are mounted on the dash and very easy to increase or decrease pressure. I would recommed it. And it's great if you put a heavy load in the bed you can increase your pressure in the back to support the weight

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
BuddhamanJB said:
And it's great if you put a heavy load in the bed you can increase your pressure in the back to support the weight
That is the only reason I want one.

Can you go off-road with it? I heard that is not recommended. I figured if I want to go off-road, I could just let all the air out so I was relying only on my stock suspension. Not sure if that is a good idea or not though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.