DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Dakota with 130K miles on it, and it is ticking lately. Noise comes and goes and varies in intensity. Sometimes it barely clicks, and other times it raps pretty good. Seems to only do this at idle and does it warm or cold. Am I hearing lifter clatter or might this be the timing chain banging against the T-case?? (just put a fresh 5W30 oil change in it and the new oil made no difference)
Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could be a Wrist Pin hitting.. Thats what I had.. than it gave loose.. and Ooooohhh Boy..

hey look a a Hemi!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Back before i replace my 4.7L with another one...the ticking ended up being a burnt out Valve. i'd get it checked out ASAP, good luck man.. :tup:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I had a similar "tick" with my 04 dak. and it turned out to be injectors. sometimes would tick and sometimes not.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
x2 on the injectors.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i had a pretty good amount of 'Ticking/Clatter' coming from my '01 4.7QC, took it tot he shop and they said it was a "Flexpipe" that was loose. Tightened it up and no more sound. Hope thats not like 'Blinker Fluid'...

·
Registered
14 Posts
time to take the valve covers off and pull out the good old chiltons, probably a bad valve or a spring losing tension, chances are its probably normal with that amount of mileage, mine has 149k and it does it every cold morning and cold evening, turns out according to one source its just wear and tear not much can be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.