DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past weekend i installed the WinJet projector fogs that chad sells to see how well they match up to my G1 projectors i have currently in my headlights.

upon getting em the first thing i noticed was no adjustment screws, that was the first con, when i got them they come with halogen bulbs and thats to be expected, since my HID bulbs for them had not come in yet, i figured id test em out and see what i might could expect, needless to say i was VERY dissapointed, with halogens they would have been useless on pretty much any truck IMO.

The next day however i my HID bulbs came in so i went outside and tested em out with some 5K bulbs, this is what i saw when shined on a wall...

these are no high end projectors obviously but i wont say they are bad, yes there are the 3 major obvious hotspots but there is still a good amount of light from these, now i was only using a cell phone since my good cam was at my house and i was at my camper at the time of the install, but when i shined these out in a field they had some good reach, and honestly were better than most aftermarket projector headlights.
:teacher:

this is what the fog lights look like out of the box...

they appear just like the ones on Ebay you can get for around $60 that are absolute junk, but now ive owned both sets, and these are 500x better than the ebay ones, the projector is bigger and has a much better output than the cheaper counterparts, these also have a cutoff line, the ebay ones kindof just throw light wherever, and with HIDs the ebay ones put out ZERO usable light...

that being said here are some more pix of the lights during installation...

Notice in this pic with the HIDs turned on that they wont blind oncoming traffic :rck::rck::rck:

But below the cutoff they do their work :gr_patrio

Now here is the best pic i could get to show how well they work, and this pic is not modded in any way, this is fogs only...

not bad considering this is just a bolt on set of fogs, and they still need some adjustment, (the only hard part), my only complaint with the output is that they had 2 intense beams of light that went along the ground infront of you, vs just an even flood of light, that aside they were decent fogs...

now it comes down to would i suggest these to a friend, well that depends, if the friend has a high end retrofit, such as the morimots, FX-R, TL projectors, ECT. then these will not compliment what you have done, nor will you like the output they give since you would have been used to such High quality light...

but for anyone with some of the lower end kits, such as the G1 and G3 kits, or if you have Ebay projector headlights with HIDs, then these would be an excellent partner to go with what you have, these are as bright as my G1 kit i tested these with, maybe even a tad brighter with em aligned where i wanted em

now these compared to factory fogs:

halogen to halogen - factory wins hands down
HID to HID - the projector fogs would have to win because of the simple fact they put all of the HIDs lighting to the ground where you would want it instead of the other drivers eyes :rck:

so in summary, these would be good for anyone who wants better fog lights than what you get from the factory, they look good installed and actually have a function, even though the halos are pretty much useless, all and all i give them a 6.5 out of 10, i will say that my dealings with Chad through the buying process were great, he responded fast to each of my thousands of questions i had asked before i actually decided to buy these, so that proves he is a patient man, i told him i wanted to have the projectors before the weekend so that i can get em on asap and he had em here thursday, and i couldnt be happier with how things went during the entire transaction, so thank you Chad from a satisfied customer :gr_patrio

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Nice,good info
Can you get some better night time photos with just the fogs.

Chad recommended a projector fog light kit with HID's for me,but I'm not sure if these are the ones he was talking about?(Chad)

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
great info, might have to look into these

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice,good info
Can you get some better night time photos with just the fogs.

Chad recommended a projector fog light kit with HID's for me,but I'm not sure if these are the ones he was talking about?(Chad)

i will try and get you some better pix, but it will be probably thursday or later this week before i can do it, but that pic i posted is only the fogs incase it wasnt already stated

also i believe that these are the only ones chad offers for projector foglights so more than likely these would be them

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
i will try and get you some better pix, but it will be probably thursday or later this week before i can do it, but that pic i posted is only the fogs incase it wasnt already stated

also i believe that these are the only ones chad offers for projector foglights so more than likely these would be them
Thanks..

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
since you have a higher end retro i suggest getting a 3k hid setup for them, it will be yellow and can do you well in rain and stuff

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
^ ^ ^ we do a lot of these projectors in 3000k. It is a big improvement

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
your 5k's seem like they have a tint of yellow in them(the last picture).

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
i would say that is due to the color of the road, or the camera setting. Look at the other pictures he posted, the 5000k is a pretty true white on the kelvin scale.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chad is correct, the camera made em look much more yellow than they are, they are 100% PURE white, and match the 5k heads i run perfectly

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Chad is correct, the camera made em look much more yellow than they are, they are 100% PURE white, and match the 5k heads i run perfectly

Thanks

I think I want pure white,I'm not sure if I will like the yellow tint(3k)
Would it look ok with 6k heads and 5 k fogs?Hell...I don't know what I want

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think next to the 6k they would have the appearance of being too yellow, the 6k is pure white with a tad of blue and next to a 5k there is a pretty decent difference, when i went from 6k to 5k in my headlights i had a noticeable increase in light output...

so to answer your question in short, if you dont want a yellow fog, then get whatever matches your headlights, which in your case is a 6k

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
i think next to the 6k they would have the appearance of being too yellow, the 6k is pure white with a tad of blue and next to a 5k there is a pretty decent difference, when i went from 6k to 5k in my headlights i had a noticeable increase in light output...

so to answer your question in short, if you dont want a yellow fog, then get whatever matches your headlights, which in your case is a 6k

I edited my post above...I don't know what I want....:crazy:

you have a good point,I should just stay with 6k,now I need to decide on projectors or not....I'm wondering if I will get to much glare without projectors.

sorry to jack your thread with all my questions..:ugh

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I edited my post above...I don't know what I want....:crazy:

you have a good point,I should just stay with 6k,now I need to decide on projectors or not....I'm wondering if I will get to much glare without projectors.

sorry to jack your thread with all my questions..:ugh

not if you aim em low enough...

with projectors you wont get any glare, with factory ones just aim em low

also i added a pic of my 5k headlights from my good camera so you can see the color

Attachments

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
not if you aim em low enough...

with projectors you wont get any glare, with factory ones just aim em low

also i added a pic of my 5k headlights from my good camera so you can see the color

wow,now thats some serious lighting( and you dont get flashed)

how low can you go on the fogs,cause from the ground to the center of my fogs,Im at 33"

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope i never get flashed, that was only my headlights and the projector cutoff keeps the glare off other drivers, and your fogs can be at any level, mine on my hemi are 8" off the ground, lol

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
there is none, like i said in the first post, you can come over and i can get yours aligned though

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, here are the promised night pix from my better camera...

here is just straight down the road..

and here is a pic facing the ditch so you can see the cutoff and show the 2 bright beams projected in front of you

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BTW that is fogs only, my headlights were turned off

1 - 20 of 49 Posts