DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well come Sat. morning I am going to start the biggest project I have done to the Hemiwagon. I am puttin on a Zex nitrous system. Not many on this forum have talked about spraying our rides but I have done my homework and am very excited for the outcome. If interested I will post pics of the install. Later :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
that sounds like it will be pretty great man

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so I said I would get into the 100mph club at the track this year. Next year will be the 110mph club. Going to swap the heads and new cam in the spring. Later

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a wet system.

·
Registered
130 Posts
How many engine modifications are you making to handle the increase in speed/combustion? Hopefully quite a few...

Please detail parts and vendrs...would like to see list.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All mods are in my signature. Only doing a 100 shot. Next mod will be heads and cam in the sping. Later.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mods in your signature aren't internal to engine...they are bolt-ons.

Are you adding NOS (regardless of psi) without strengthening engine?

You are prob' asking for trouble. I've read many posts that stock hemi engine can't take nos or supercharging...you must put in performance pistons, rods, etc.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thank you for your advise and opinion. Might I suggest that you go over to the LX forum and do a little research and homework on our rides. Not many people in this forum have done that including me, that is why I went there. I have been in constant communication with people all over this country in regards to this mod. I now understand the properties of N20 and how safe it really is when installed and used properly. I had my misconceptions before, like yourself, and thought that this would kill my car. This motor has been being sprayed for over a year with plenty of success and very little problems, unlike the superchargers. Yes there are limits for the 5.7 and its weak pistons but in no way am I exceeding that right now. Hey if I blow the motor this is the one mod that can be taken off and no sign left behind. Really do some homework on this subject in regard to our rides I bet you will be surprised just like I was. Later

·
Registered
130 Posts
"Do a little research and homework on our rides"....wtf?!?

Dude...I've been searching far more than I should on LX/DodgeTalk and other car forums in past year I've had my Magnum....nobody appears to be successfully putting NOS on their cars or supercharging them...and then wants to talk later about it.

Please name 3 people who have NOS on their Magnum and have used it regularly without blowing things up. I would love to talk to them...

My next door neighbor rebuilds engines and has several hot rods in his garage...a nova and hemicuda. He has several crate engines in his garage as well and like 10 carbs, etc. and his speed boat is a dual-hull that goes 120mph...I've taken it to 110 btw...and it rocks.

Regardless...this dude knows his shit and has raced/dragged/pulled semi-professionally since age 20. First thing out of his mouth is "you better reinforce your engine when exceeding manuf. specs for combustion...period.

So how exactly can NOS be "used properly"...does this mean don't use it very often or for any lengthy period of time? With his cars and properly built engine there is no worry about overuse of NOS...his engines can take it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
People who are using N20 are in the LX forum: They are; Bo, Madcharger, Flewbyu, MomsRT. All have been spraying thier rides for some time now. Mind you there are more out there those are just the first off the top of my head. No need to go balistic, and really I don't think you have been over on that forum very much becuause there is a ton of info and people who have been spraying thier rides. And by the way NOS is Nitrous Operrating Systems which is a company, N2o is Nitrous.

With that out of the way I have finished and all I have to say WOW. It took me awhile to get everything dialed in. The throttle calibration with our rides is funky with the zex system but I finally figured it out. Anyway my first spray was with the 75 shot on the 87 octane setting with the FP. I have put in 93 octane fuel and colder plugs. When I hit the button it feels like a turbo has kicked in, reason I say this is the wife has a fast turbo car. I did one shot from a dead stop and hit the button at about 3k and that thing pulled like never before and shifted between gears so fast. I have been reserved with it for now and tomorrow I will probably put in the 100 shot and post some pics. I really hope that I have done everything right and don't cause any problems with the ride. Thanks to all for your help and advise with this project. I have learned a lot about my ride and nitrous. To those who are on the fence I would have to say jump over and spray away.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will post times after the races this Sat. I did hit the button with the 100 shot for the first time today. Wow! Only for a couple of seconds though, city street and all. At the next light some punk ass kid in a Minivan told me "you better slow down man" I laughed and told him to basicaly pound sand up his ass. Later

·
Registered
8 Posts
mklein said:
Please name 3 people who have NOS on their Magnum and have used it regularly without blowing things up. I would love to talk to them...
I don't get over here much...... but I can tell you what I know.

I've been spraying my SRT8 for a while.... no issues to date.
As with ANY power adder, there are potential failures that could happen. I try to minimize the risk as much as possible (race gas at the track, no top speed runs with the gas, not over 100 shot, etc...) but the motor could grenade at any point. Due to us having VERY LIMITED tuning options at this time, it was (IMO) the most reliable and least risky way to make power.
My car currently has 30K on it..... and I will deal with a failure when it happens. Until then, I'm enjoying what I feel to be a pretty quick (and very heavy) vehicle!

--Bo
06 MSRT8
11.99 @ 117

·
Registered
130 Posts
srt8 is different

I heard the srt8 engine is stronger than rt hemi and is more capable of taking increased combustion....I may be wrong though.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
the 5.7 is bassically the same in the trucks as it is in the cars. there are alot of guys spraying the trucks. a friend of mine was sprating a 125 shot in his truck and he sucked water into the motor and blew it up we were able to see the internals and it was in really good shape he had 50k miles and was running the same zex kit. that thing looked like ithad 3k miles on it it was in that good of shape if your wanting to learn more about the hemi it can handle a 150 shot as well as up to 7 psi of boost before anything starts to go wrong w/ it look up beast2 (on this forum 3gen trucks) he is the owner of "the hemi shop" in houston he really knows his stuff.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have been told to stay with the 100 shot for now to be safe. Not many have sprayed beyond that. The guy that helped me install my kit is in constant contact with the guys at HEAT, so I will go with what he says for now but when it is time I will put in the 125 pills. Later

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.