DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to try and keep this as short as possible. I have a 2005 ram 2500 5.9 and the truck before this was the same exact truck so I’m familiar with this exact truck in particular.. the truck was strong healthy and drove like a tank when I bought it roughly 3 months ago.. this is gonna sound crazy and very odd but I’m dead serious about this and need I need help.. is it possible for other ppl or drivers on the road to sync a device, link a device or any way or form able to program data into my ECM/PCM or whatever it may be that is being programmed? It almost seems as if my truck is being controlled by someone else. My truck went from driving like a beast to barely pulling out the driveway and I take very good care of my truck and constantly doing things and buy things making it stronger and better. My electrical system has something going on with it as everything worked great then went to change my cab lights out, installed the new ones and never came back on since. At one point all my lights worked except my drivers side only running lights. Taillights worked, blinker, headlight, cab lights (at the time) but my running lights on driver side just randomly stopped working. Third brake light was working, changed out with a new one and never had worked since but the brake light works just the running light never came back on or worked. On my fuse panel I have fuse positions 28-38 that are for the lights, brakes, HVACC and etc, they went from working with a test light normally to only testing good with the truck turned on and running and it’s only fuse positions 28-38. My window tint went from fairly looking new/nice/dark when I got the truck to extremely faded and horrible within 2-3months. I have a DTC that comes and goes and has been for quite some time which is P2509 power down data loss intermitten which to me means data is being intermittented somewhere into my truck that’s causing my battery to drain it seems something on my truck is a constant cause the hood area stays extremely hot 24/7. Getting in the truck and go 2 miles to gas station, feels like I drive a 4hr road trip it’s so hot under the hood and really it’s extremely hot air feels like blowing from the fan. I only have a key to unlock/lock and start the truck no keyless remote or locking system. When I unlock the door and open up put my key in ignition, sometimes the door and seatbelt dinger will ding like normal and hear normal operating sounds as you should as there process goes, sometimes (majority) there is no sound whether it’s the door open, seat belt not on, gauge popping up, there’s just no sound. The entire truck went from riding so smooth to literally miserable to ride inside and almost like it’s 2 ppl operating the wheel and just drives however it wants to drive or steer. Loud knocking sound coming from driver tire and steering sways extremely bad left/right almost to the point it’s scaring me. Just a few days ago my tranny started slipping and out of nowhere I suddenly had no power. Mash the pedal to the floor, block the street out but truck don’t move, suddenly couldn’t go over 10mph, no DTC sign of anything except at red lights/stop signs I could feel my truck gradually feel more and more like it was taking off from a higher gear being lugged out when you take or sometimes wouldn’t go at all like I was in neutral. Underneath the truck covered in fluid from front to back and dripping in different places so hard to tell. Reset my computer back to stock with my programmer then set it back to software/setting I usually run and truck ran like a champ and still no sign or codes being thrown but major problems occurred. Now it’s almost like I have no tranny now and the health and body and all around truck is majorly going downhill extremely fast to the point it’s noticeable. Last but not least, this is what sounds so crazy, literally the truck moves by itself and when I say move I mean literally whether it’s a wire, door panel, light flicker, dash pieces it don’t matter it moves like separation. I can physically see my door panels swell up and get bigger. Under the hood you can see the steering shaft move, and misc hoses like it’s floating. Steering wheel turns on it own in park and wheel turns with it. The static is so bad in my truck it’s completely ruined my entire sound system to the point I don’t care to have music. I have small some big square shape foil patch’s under headliner attached to the roof (not sure what it’s purpose is) the sun is drawn to my truck 24/7 beaming miserable hot. My engine and manifold has now looks like a 50’s model. Sorry for the story but this has cost me so much money so much time and headaches and seriously I need help with what’s going on with this truck cause some of these things just are not normal and or may not caused from wear and tear. I’ve also heard of Kernel PNP if anybody knows what this is or what that means. PLEASE help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have the lightning bolt dash lite on? It sounds like a throttle body issue in some ways. try cleaning out your Throttle body and maybe replace crank case position sensor. Good luck

·
Red Trucker
2,241 Posts
"I’m going to try and keep this as short as possible" writes novella lol. At any rate, your 2005 isn't advanced enough to be remote hacked, however it does sound like you're having electronic issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts