DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a programmer for my '03 Hemi. I've done some searching on both the superchips and the hypertech but I've never seen a comparo between the two of them. Which has the better features? It looks like the superchips has the edge in power gains but I think I read somewhere that it could cause pinging? Do either programmer help reduce TM? Any help would be great.

If this is a repost I'm sorry, maybe my search skills suck :eek:

Thanks.

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
Jimmy TJ said:
I'm looking at buying a programmer for my '03 Hemi. I've done some searching on both the superchips and the hypertech but I've never seen a comparo between the two of them. Which has the better features? It looks like the superchips has the edge in power gains but I think I read somewhere that it could cause pinging? Do either programmer help reduce TM? Any help would be great.

If this is a repost I'm sorry, maybe my search skills suck :eek:

Thanks.
superchips does have the edge (in relations to power gains) between the 2 programmers but i've heard good things from both. The only want the programmers can cause pinging is if you were running the program that requires higher octane fuel and you were running lower grade. They do both reduce the torque management but not 100% of it. So to answer your question yes, it does reduce the TM. As for which has more features they are pretty much the same thing. I wish SCT (another company) would release something so we can get custom tunes for our trucks. But that'll be years before that happens. Markets all in to fords and chevys :mad:

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
I think Superchips is the best buy because you can recalibrate your speedo when you change tire sizes, and you can set your speed limiter at 140mph...the Hypertech will only go to 128 I believe.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I have the Superchips for my '02 4.7 and I love it. I've tried the two performance programs, and have been pretty impressed. What I like the most though, is that I got a performance enhancer, diagnostic code reader, AND can change tire height for when I switch to 20's, all in the same package. For the price of the programmer, you can't beat what you can do in your own garage (heck, ya don't even need a garage, just pull over to the side of the road and change your program, it's that simple, lol).

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
04 sit'n 24's said:
I have a hypertech for my 04 and love it! Everybody can say superchips is better but guess what.....they haven't come out yet......sooooooo, i like my hypertech better.
It is hard to compare the 2 because they aren't out for all the trucks, but superchips does have a step up as far as changing tire height and allowing a higher speed limiter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.