DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i wanted to get a superchips or diablosport programmer for my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi Sport. I was under the impression if i flashed a new tune on it and ever needed to take it to the dealer for service i would just reflash the stock tune back onto he truck and you would never know it was there. But someone told me the dealer can tell if it has been flashed in the past. Is this true or false?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
They can see but these tuners won't void the warranty POSSIBLY on the PCM correct me if I'm wrong but that would be it just directly affected parts the PCM. Tuners are so common I can't see them fighting a claim over them

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
They can not tell it was there.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
There is a way to tell but believe me the AVERAGE tech would not even know where to look for it or what it means. It can be done though

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
key cycles don't prove anything

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Hypertech advises that you take it back to stock tune when you take it in, because the dealer may need the PCM to diagnose an issue and the PCM may have different settings that might affect the troubleshooting.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
Yeah, that's obvious. But that's not what he's asking. He wants to know if the dealer can tell if it has previously been reprogrammed after it's been turned back to stock.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Yeah, that's obvious. But that's not what he's asking. He wants to know if the dealer can tell if it has previously been reprogrammed after it's been turned back to stock.
There are a series of 0's and 1's that are in succession in the pcm and it will be very easy to tell if a programmer was EVER INSTALLED regardless of whether it was returned to stock or not. The AVERAGE tech will not know where to look and will not recognize it even if he is told where to look but a experienced tech can and will recognize it.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
I posted this awhile ago, and it was information I was given from my local dealer. The info is deeper than any normal dealership tech can or would go, put back to stock before ANY dealership visits. A diesel, they can see boost changes, and fuel perimeter changes, even after it has been set back to stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.