DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting an alarm installed friday (viper 791xv) and it only has one remote. i know i can get a used remote cheap but how do you program it to work with your car? am i better off buying a new one from the shop and letting them do it? thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
No it is very easy to do yourself. All you need to do is with your driver door open put your key to the on position and push in and release then push and hold your valet button usually installed under the dash (ask your installer) while holding the valet button press the lock button on your new remote and wait to hear a confirmation tone from the alarm once you heat it release the valet button and turn the key off. Then try your remote you should be all set. Also make sure you try the old remote to see if it still works if not repeat the procedure except once you get the confirmation tone keep holding the valet button and hit the lock button on the 2nd remote and listen for the confirmation tone and you will be all set. This procedure should also be on the package of the remote you buy or in the manual of the alarm, if not it is available online from DEI at directechs. com. Hope this helps.

Anthony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.