Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just purchased a procharger for my '97 5.2.

I have looked through the site and found some info on these chargers, but I am looking for tips and tricks for the install.

And of course, real results and additional recommended equipment.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I run a Procharger on my 03 R/T.
Excellent kit with the exception of the fuel management system.

K.J

·
Registered
48 Posts
what model procharger did you use for the 03? because procharger doesn't make one for an 03. is that why you are have trouble with the fuel management. I'm looking for a supercharger for my 03.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also curious about the fuel management. I know I will be getting an FMU, but I also heard that it runs things a little too rich. I know you can drop the rate. I have heard that the 4 to 1 is good for the 318. Not sure about the 360. Of coures, I wouldn't make any changes to the stock setup before I had the proper measuring tools

·
Registered
55 Posts
The kit is for an 01 but there is no difference except the belt lenght.

The procharger kit uses the aeromotive digital DFMU to control through your stock injectors with the help of an external fuel pump.
I you want to dial in your set-up with just a small amount of boost etc you will likely be fine or with few bolt on mods.

But if you are like me and am taking it to the max this will not suffice and you will be in the same boat I am in requiring far more fuel. I currently run 55lb injectors just to give you an idea of the difference.

For your 03 buy a Paxton they are far less trouble out of the box.
Be prepared though they ALL require some serious tune work to get there full potential.

Contact Damon Blumenstein in Michigan.

He can sell AND install either for you and also tune it in. He is by far the best out there with our trucks. He installed and tuned my set-up including a full Accel DFI standalone system.

Contact him at: 734-525-6446

·
Registered
55 Posts
Crow318 said:
I am also curious about the fuel management. I know I will be getting an FMU, but I also heard that it runs things a little too rich. I know you can drop the rate. I have heard that the 4 to 1 is good for the 318. Not sure about the 360. Of coures, I wouldn't make any changes to the stock setup before I had the proper measuring tools
If you haven't bought your FMU I have the Aeromotive Digital DFMU for sale that came with my Procharger set-up.

Basically its like this the more you mod the more difficult it becomes to tailor the fuel to match the air/boost coming in.

Eventually you will reach the limits of whatever system you are running and will require a Standalone system such as F.A.S.T or the Accel DFI Gen 7 system I am currently running. These systems have NO LIMITS and basically can tailor ANY fuel injected system to exactly where you want it regardless of your mods and can thereby handle any future mods easily as well.

K.J

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will keep that in mind. I dont have my kit yet, but I would imagine it would come with some type of FMU. To start, I will be running mostly stock. I only have an aftermarket Cat and Cat back. I would eventually like to make a few more mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.