DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some how or another, it seems that anti-freeze is being blown out of the a/c. It doesn't matter if it's full blast, hot or cold, on or off, there's anti-freeze coming out of the a/c vents. I'm also loosing a/f to the point where I have to add it about every other day, but not to the point where my truck is over heating...............

What is going on? I had to replace my alternator (replaced it with 136 amp unit), and while I was under the hood, I also cleaned the heck out of my throttle body. Could I have bumped into something while I was under the hood? I can't see anything that's obviously outta place or jimmy'd up.... help!

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
if it is coming out of the vent's and things it sounds like a heater core problem. otherwise i have no clue how you would be getting antifreeze in your cooling system. a/c radiator is seperate from the regular radiator so shouldn't be combining there.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I agree. Your heater core or hose going to the core has a leak. When the fan is on it is blowing the coolant off the heater core thru the vents and on to you.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Mister 4x4 said:
And the "A/C raditor" is actually called a 'Condenser' for the record. ;) :D
:thatfunny Thanks for that. it was a long day and couldn't think of the name so i just called it that..LOL..as long as everybody knows what i mean;)

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Mister 4x4 said:
No worries - thanks for being a good sport. :)

(not that I even spelled 'radiator' correctly...) :crazy:
:thatfunny oh well. who cares how it is spelled as long as we understand it;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.