DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of Westing 6in chrome step tubes for my '05 last summer. Well, after one Chicago winter, they are pitted to hell! I purchased them from JC Whitney. ...and since they are lifetime warranted, they will replace them. ...even though I can't find the freakin' receipt.

I'm concerned that the next pair will do the same thing. Has anyone had a problem with the chrome on the Westin 6in tubes???

Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've had them for two years with no problems - they still look new. My driving conditions are probably not as harsh in Texas, and I've kept them clean and used chrome polish on occasion.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the bars also with no problems. I would say you probably need to wash them off a little more. Im not sure if they will warranty them over that though.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
try to polish them a little before winter. I think that might help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's funny I am about to buy a set of bars and I have been wondering how the crome holds up compered to the stainless with winter and salt on the roads. I think this has made up my mind as I keep my trucks for to long even though the crome looks nicer stainless it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.