DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got all 4 (quad cab) bolts out on one side, and the other side are loose. However when I jack up the body, the frame still comes with it. Doesn't seem to matter where I put the jack either. I've tried beating on the sleeve the body bolts go through and other places with a bfh to no avail. They just don't see to want to separate. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know what to do next?

·
'04 HEMI 4X4
249 Posts
I thought there were or 4 on each side of the cab and 2 or 3 on each side of the bed. Is it a PA body lift? I just did one also, and I did it by myself. Body lifted right up. How are you lifting the body?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I did mine myself on my 02 and did not hit any major snags other than the steering extension taking me an extra day to get it done. Maybe hit the body mounts with WD40 or PB blaster to allow it to seperate easier. You can also try backing the bolts down further on the opposite side. Good luck.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
There are two more in front, right behind the bumper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just did a lift last month cant remember how many bolts mount frame to cab but you must be overlooking one did you get the one up front by the bumper?
Yes, I assume you mean the ones for the core support. There are a total of 4 bolts per side. If I've missed one, then they also didn't give me enough bolts and spacers in the kit which seems highly unlikely. They're all accounted for. The bolts on the opposite side are threaded in just enough to keep from falling out.

I thought there were or 4 on each side of the cab and 2 or 3 on each side of the bed. Is it a PA body lift? I just did one also, and I did it by myself. Body lifted right up. How are you lifting the body?

I'm not doing the bed just the cab right now. Yes, it's a PA lift. I've put a 4x4 block under the pinch weld at the rocker, turned it on end, and put it right next the body mount at the floorboard also. Still the whole truck comes up with it.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
Are you sure it's not just the suspension unloading as you lift?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you sure it's not just the suspension unloading as you lift?
I guess it could be, but if the cab's not attached to the frame why is it taking it with it? I can see where the mounts are and there is no gap being created to insert the spacers. I've lifted it probably 4-5 inches and still nothing changes. Do you think when the suspension fully bottoms out, then the cab will start to come off? That's going to take a lot of jacking on one side of the truck.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
The cab is exerting a lot of weight onto the suspension via the frame. The first bit of lifting you do will unload the suspension and cause it to lift up with the cab.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cab is exerting a lot of weight onto the suspension via the frame. The first bit of lifting you do will unload the suspension and cause it to lift up with the cab.
That makes sense now that I think about it. Thanks. I'll keep jacking. Probably going to have to wait 'til tomorrow though as I ran out of propane last night in the garage and it's a balmy 9 right now. :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you get it installed?
Not yet. Check my last post. I'm getting ready to go work on it again after lunch. It's up to 10 degrees right now, but I've got heat in the garage again. :cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've also got a really small garage, so it makes getting to both sides of the truck challenging.

But it still beats working outside today:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Any luck yet? Mine was simple. The body of the truck does not weigh as much as people think. If your suspension unloads, it will be very miniscule. I didn't even notice it with mine. My cab separated very easily. You can even lift up the bed of the truck without a jack. I did.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The cab blocks are on:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like my body lift. And I did the 2.5 level. Which I know a lot of people don't recommend but, I have had no problems at this time.

I have been using FWD a lot here in Michigan and no vib problems. I guess I am lucky. I think you will like it when you are done.

·
Registered
837 Posts
MOST people with leveling DON'T have vibration problems, it just seems like MOST that do complain on DT about it, which isn't a problem, it just makes it seem like most have the issue. Mines been fine. Nice looking truck Tremor9111 and I can't wait to see the final product Jdl71!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can see the finish line:

Basically I just need to do the bumpers, gas filler and back 2 bed bolts. The ones they sent are too short. Did anyone else have this problem? They're also some goofy ass metric, so I'm not going to be able to find them anywhere here in town.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.