DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a '99 5.9 Durango with 90k on it, and have just finished up giving it a bit of a tune-up.

I ordered the Accel cap and rotor from Summit, but the rotor does not fit! The part # I got is ACC-130328 and it says it fits my vehicle, but the Accel shaft opening is bigger than the stock rotor, and it doesn't fit.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've seen posts from others saying they are running the Accel rotor. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

·
phahengpro
123 Posts
I have run into this. I ordered one from Boyd's machine shop in Norman Ok. I kept thinking the notch was too big so I tried to grind it down a little. Then I realized the thing wasn't going on tightly because it was too big, and I couldn't take it back because I ruined it (although I did complain the next time I went in for my own benefit. The distributor shaft was hitting the top. I ruined the rotor so I went and got a brass rotor from Orielly. :rck:

·
phahengpro
123 Posts
Was yours white? Mine was but I saw something somewhere that talked about them being black--don't know but maybe there is a difference--or maybe yours and mine were the only misspackaged ones in the group :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had the same problem, and I got shafted twice... I order the black one from their website and a white one came. No biggie, I though, until we tried to push it down on the distributor, and it wouldn't fit. I called and told them, and they said that maybe the wrong part got put in the box, and they would send another one out.

The next one came (still white, and I knew it already), and it didn't work either. I called them back, and they told me that I would need to call accel and talk to them about the part. Accel told me that I needed to wait... they had screwed up parts, and a bunch of them had gotten to summit. They said wait about a month (and hopefully you will forget) and give them a call back.

That's what I did, and still no dice. They told me that they still hadn't worked it out and that they were still the wrong parts, and I would need to call accel back. All I wanted was a brass tipped rotor button that fit my vehicle (was that too much to ask). I don't know exactly how much longer the brass tipped one would last over the stock one and how much of a better connection it will make, but I haven't worried about it.

I went (in one of my buddies cars) to autozone, and we picked up a new one. That's what I had to do, and I've been living with it, thinking that one day, I'll be able to call back and get one from them when they've resolved the problem. Until that day (way down the road) they did give me a few placed that I could try to get a brass tipped rotor, but I haven't gotten around to it, and I'm not sure if it's really worth it now. Remember me when you get a result, please, and hook me up.

Brett

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
as far as i'm concerned , a rotor is a rotor, a cap is a cap. i dont see where going with accel is going to benefit you any more than one from o'reilly's. that's just me though. i guess what i'm saying is you wont see any noticeable gains just from a cap/rotor alone, so if they are giving you problems, just get what is available. if you have to live with an accel, looks like it's a waiting game? ?

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
NAPA brand Echlin caps and rotors are very good, high quality. I've been using them for the past few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.