Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is the problem,

two months ago when driving our van suddenly it just died...
all electrics where dead, such as wipers, stereo, electric windows...
when turning the key for ignition nothing happend not even clicking!
after about one half to one hour i tried again to turn the ignition, and it worked like nothing had happend....

now today, when i tried to start it allmost the same thing happend...but this time i couldn't even get it started at first (last time it died while driving)
and this time all the electric stuff worked as normal
and some clicking noises came from the box under the hood, up front!

please help me!

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
The "box" under the hood? Maybe the starter relay?

What kind of condition are your battery cables in? Any corrosion or loose cables?

How old is the battery?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get a better idea of what you have there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more details!

hey offcourse ill tell you everything i can...
i didn't want to write too much, or it would get boring to read!

now I'm not that good at cars.

but the thing i meant upfront what you call the starter relay.
is a round, like a little plate, thing and then a little box in front, cables and some other stuff going in and out of it it sits pretty close to the battery between the hood release and the battery...
i cant say more now since i don't have the car here so i can check, but tell me what you want to know and ill look it up.
the battery cables are as far as i know in good condition, but I'm going to have a look on them tonight to see if theres anything simple problem i can find.

also i should mention this is a 1984 years model of RAM B250 royal van

thanks allot for the help!! :gr_patrio

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Oh...that may be the cruise control module you're talking about.

Let me know about the battery cables and age of the battery when you can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more info again

battery isn't the problem here, we have tried with a couple of diffrent batteries and also with help of another car!

now the latest update is:
my friend checked all the cables and cleaned them..

we have electricity at the start engine and you can hear the solenoids click when ignition is turned, but it doesn't keep turning... so what do you think, we took the start engine away, and tried it directly on the battery: still no rotation...
we screwed it apart..and it looks just fine inside, what might be the problem, and how to solve it?
we found a second hand startmotor at a cardealers for about 85 bucks, could that be a solution?

thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.