DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought a couple of ya might be interested to see what difference my Challenger R/Twould perform stock six pack Holley,s vs. Pro-max modded six pack "conversion" would do. Ill post results as soon as I get them. :rck:

Attachments

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it should be a strong runner,(no pun intended,my first car was a superbird in 76.),it was built by Hensley Racing and features the stock forged six pack crankshaft, Ray barton 4340 Manley rods, Ross pistons,speed-pro ductile iron/plasma moly rings,Eddies Heads, polished and slightly ported,Comp Cams K-Kit,Comp Cams chrome-moly roller rockers, Complete TTI 1 7/8 polished ceramic exhaust to ttis stainless tips, I had the whole system coated inside/out and fitted with o2 bungs on the collectors, which is handy for the LM-1 kit I am gonna buy next year! This engine flows more air so the Pro-Max kit ought to be pretty much a welcome addition!

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! Ram Man, The car is currently at www.musclecarrestorations.com and was completely restored there. John Balow is the owner and is a real MoPar guy. He had an original,(not restored) 1970 Hemi Cuda H/T,727,b5? and sold it last year to finance his mustang dyno cell,(what aguy),I had the Shaker Challenger,(1of 184 made by Dodge),sent back up last week to correct some electrical issues and while it is up there I wanted to have the carbs set right. BTW, the carbs set on a modified engine so the holley spec fuel curve is probably a little lean. The Pro-Max parts,(billet rear adjustable baseplate, billet carb metering blocks to accept a standard Holley jet, Holley Blue gaskets), should be a righteous setup for the engines new fuel curve. I sure hope this all works out ok, as I am really, really BROKE!

Attachments

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way the engine made 558 H.P. 550 Torque on the engine dyno, in the car it made 410 H.P. with a lean condition,so the new run should make even more! I really am a roadracing enthusiast although drag racing is really cool. The car is set-up for R.R. with factory 15" Ralleys and B.F. Goodrich tyres. The suspension is 1.14 T-Bars, Black Polygraphite, Moog pieces, Chrome moly struts, strut rods, and Firm Feel Manual box with 20:1 Ratio, IAS shocks,(Eddies), F.F. Springs, H.D. Shackles, Factory Snubber,Rear Frame hung Sway bar also made by Firm Feel. All of this makes for an E-body that will turn the twisties with the best of em. Oh and it has a Keisler Bellhousing,McCleod Street Twin clutch and sfi billet flywheel into the factory 18-spline box,(Built by Herb McCandless!),stock Timken equipped Dana60 with 3.54 Ratio!

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Sixpack, your challenger ragtop looks awesome, what engine,tranny,ect any pics. I would love to see em! Eddie.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
threetwos said:
Thanks Sixpack, your challenger ragtop looks awesome, what engine,tranny,ect any pics. I would love to see em! Eddie.
Just check out my gallery or garage links under my avatar photo on the left.

Don't forget to create your own as well.:)

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fal308 said:
threetwos,
Sounds like a nice setup! Do you race it in a series or do track days with it?
Not yet Fal308, I want to take it to a road race course, sears point has a "stock type car series" as well as sebring, road america, ect.. wouldnt it be neat to see z-28s, challenger/cuda, mustwangs,ectt race against each other in a vintage format!!Shades of Sam Posey and Dan the man Gurney!! :rck: I want to take it to the local track 3miles from my Home, and see what itll do there but it is only 1/8 mile and the tight suspension would probably sit and spin. There is no front end raise upon take off. Should be fun,however. I tell ya fal308, I followed with great interest, Richard Ehrenbergs,(MoPar Action Magazine), One Lap of America. Did you? I would love to build a turbo Neon and trounce the modern cars, or build a vintage A-body with 440 stroker small block, aluminum, 6-speed, trounce the vintage cars! :rck:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've heard of the vintage "stock car" style series and some other similar series in Grassroots Motorsports (used to subscribe).
Yeah, I followed the Green Brick. It was great trouncing the high $$$ cars. They're upgrading the dash in this issue with a nice custom OEM-style dash.
The car I would love to have would be a Cuda I saw several years ago in a magazine (don't recall the mag). The Cuda was tube framed, linked, 440 and set up to run in open road racing etc. I kept the mag just for that article but over the years (and the moves) it's disappeared.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Awsome E-Body man!!! I luv E-bodies!! :rck: Terre Haute...that is a long way from me!!!

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Getting back to the topic, I should find out today what my "hosspowah" numbers are and what torque it also makes. I am hoping for a 5% gain but more importantly I want the throttle response to be ON when I go thru the transition. I know this phallic dude in town he called me out. He owns a shitvrolet ss454 and thinks my or any MoPars are junk, I will not back down from him if I see him on the street, I never liked the girl anyway or his piece of mexican crap! He will know what R/T means if I see him around town!! Ps AP I too love E-Bodies!

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fal, I love 71 R/T s what does yours have in it? Is it a 4gear? What color? Addicts like me need to know!

·
Registered
594 Posts
threetwos,
It's actually my wife's. I get to rebuild it and drive it though. Her family is the second owner and they were good friends of the original owner. It was originally a military order. The original owner ordered it in Viet Nam during the war. It was ordered strictly for street racing. 383 Magnum, 3 speed, console delete. Basically, if it didn't help it go fast it was deleted. Interestingly enough though, he ordered the dictaphone. From what I've been able to find out, it's one of around 59 or so "71 R/Ts w/ a 3 speed. And of course it was originally Plum Crazy!!
Unfortunately, the build sheet was thrown out years ago (back when these were just old junkers instead of the high $$$ pieces of rolling artwork that the rest of the world has found out about). We have most of the parts needed to restore her back. Do still haave the original window sticker though.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, Fal cool story. Do you keep in touch with the original owner himself anymore? I bet he would/will be excited to see his "baby" back for some street "action". Yes that car would be extremely rare. Have you contacted Galen Govier at GTS.com he is slow but very informative and accurate. He did all my paperwork. Unfortunately Buildsheets arent legally reproducable, at least I dont think they are? Oh well it really doesnt matter cause its such a cool car and its all yours! What color are you gonna paint it? Have you ever seen a panther pink 70 R/T? Also Lime light would be cool! And I also like the sixties green it brings back a lot of FAR OUT memories man!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.