DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cranked my torsion bars about 5 months ago and decided it was time for new shocks. I went to my local 4Wheel Parts today and they sold me some ES3000's. The rear shocks are easy since its still the stock height. But, they recommended part number 322553 for the front. He said this shock measures 22" long - whereas the stock one is around 19" or 20".

However, I just logged onto the Pro Comp website and it says that part number is for a 94-01 Ram 1500 with 0" lift. I gave him the part numbers I've seen here on Dodgetalk (for the 6" kit), and he said those would be way too long. I'd have like 1" of travel lol. Basically, he went in the back of the store and brought out what he said were stock replacements and the one for the 6" kit. He said the one I bought is right in the middle as far as length - so it makes sense.

So, have any of you guys used these shocks after a TB crank? Or if you have any insights, that would be great.

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
he is right those front shocks will work

stock length shocks for 94-01 ram 1/2 tons without the off road package are the proper length for cranked torsion bars or using aftermarket keys

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Hey, I'm from Denver originally. I haven't been back in a couple years, but its definitely beautiful country!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question, I guess that the Pro Comp shocks are hydraulic. What, if any, benefits are seen with that type of shock over the others?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i have es 9000s and i used the part number in the other post for the front...it was 918553 and 927543 in the rear

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went with the ES3000's instead. No particular reason, other than that they will have them for me Monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.