Votes: 7 22.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pretty good price quote on lift, shocks, and tires from an online dealer. It is a pro comp lift, i've heard mixed review about their lifts. Anyone have any input?

Raj if you're out there, if you'll be online tonight I'll let you know what all I found out...

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No input????

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have no experience with Pro Comp lifts, although I can say their M/T tires are pathetic. My Goodyear MTR's were quieter, had better overall traction and rode better.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I can't say anything about their lift for the 1500, but I have their 2500 kit and it is great. I also agree on the Goodyear MT/R's, I have 37's and they ride awesome.

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Haven't used their lifts yet, but I'd be inclined to try their 2500 lift. I can say first hand that the Pro Comp X-Terrain is crap. Can't keep them balanced at all unless you want to to do it every 2 weeks.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i installed a chevy 2500 hd 6" procomp lift kit. most complete kit i ever saw. pain in the ass installation though....grinding, welding, ect. but a good kit.

mike

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a lot of buddies that run Pro Comp lifts. All have their likes and dislikes. Never installed one, but it looks pretty solid.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not saying good or bad ... but ...

ProComp is made for 4 Wheel parts. It is their "house brand" and yes it is available outside the 4 walls of 4WP.

ProComps tires are now made by Cooper ... better than before but ....
(Mickey Thompson is also made by Cooper now)

I am not a big fan of spacers. proComp uses them, Fabtech doesn't. ProComp doesn't run their kits in competitions, Fabtech does. ProComp to me has always been an asthetic kit (more show than go). whether it be this kit, the Chevy kits, to Ford to whatever.

I am not saying they are bad, just not as stout as I tend to prefer. Would I run one ? For street sure. But considering the Fabtech kit with Bilstein shocks is the same price, I'd buy Fabtech first !!!

I do not use either kit ... disclaimer there. I have friends that do, but I like my KORE :)

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
mikegronholz said:
Not saying good or bad ... but ...

ProComp is made for 4 Wheel parts. It is their "house brand" and yes it is available outside the 4 walls of 4WP.

ProComps tires are now made by Cooper ... better than before but ....
(Mickey Thompson is also made by Cooper now)

I am not a big fan of spacers. proComp uses them, Fabtech doesn't. ProComp doesn't run their kits in competitions, Fabtech does. ProComp to me has always been an asthetic kit (more show than go). whether it be this kit, the Chevy kits, to Ford to whatever.

I am not saying they are bad, just not as stout as I tend to prefer. Would I run one ? For street sure. But considering the Fabtech kit with Bilstein shocks is the same price, I'd buy Fabtech first !!!

I do not use either kit ... disclaimer there. I have friends that do, but I like my KORE :)
I have back up to my post!! thanks MIke from all the lifts Ive seen fabtech just seems to have them covered imo. + most are bolt on and no cutting grinding etc

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided on a skyjacker lift anyway....Thanks for all the input guys. As for Pro comp being 4wp's house brand I believe it. They were trying pretty hard to sell it to me and give me a good deal (which is why I started this thread)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had Skyjacker's 2" springs as was happy, but not thrilled.

·
Registered
526 Posts
alloy171 said:
procomp equals procrap. From jeep experience...

Amen to that. I just got my TJ a few months back and it had Procomp 4 inch coils and shocks. OMG worst ride EVER. Had to put a new lift on quick:)

Take some advice: NEVER EVER EVER EVER PUT PROCOMP ES3000 shocks on anything.

Your kidneys will hate you.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i would agree also, i called a lift place one time, and they said they had alot of problems with folks coming in and haveing to change out there procomp springs, for something better, cause the Procomps started saggin real bad..

·
Registered
214 Posts
No problems with the lift in 31k miles. Only problem I am still having is my drive shaft is still in Cali getting "modified" I have not personally looked at too many kits other than mine. But it looks pretty solid. I wouldnt be afraid to take it off road and I am always pulling loads of steel at 7k plus lbs. Now if I could just get my drive shaft back I would be ready for my trip to the outer banks in july

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
i've heard there's quite a bit of cutting on teh procomp kit

my take...spend the extra cash and go with something solid....skyjacker and superlift makes DAMN GOOD lifts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just installed a 4 inch on a 03 Rubicon. It was pretty solid. So as far as their lifts go i dont see an issue. The guy went with the MX-6 shocks because they are on my truck and give a good ride on both rides. But what is lackin is their customer sevice. Pro-Comp isnt for [email protected]#t on helping the customer out afterwords. So as much as I like their lift. It will be the last I ever own and or suggest that others run. I will pay more and get better service from somewhere else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I was doing my research I crossed ProComp off the list because you have to cut the rear lower control arm mounts off the truck. My research was limited to 02 and newer 1500 4x4.

·
Registered
550 Posts
procrap? lol, yeah must be a member on JU. its the same people that bag on skyjacker lifts cause they cant afford one and tell everyone how their rough country owns. ive ran three sets of procomp mt's vs the mtr's, gy wear ungodly fast and are over priced. my xt's made it thru can opener at supelift four months ago btw. xterrains ive seen run everything from moab to tellico. i suppose those running something else are getting red label k's? lol, love the interweb. no experience with procomp lifts but their jeep lifts are horrible, great for looking tough at the mall though.

jp

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.