DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 6" pro comp lift for my 08 ram. What is the major differences between stage 1 and stage 2? My truck is not taken off road at all ( I know yaw are going to lay into me about that lol) I am building it up for show, but I do drive it everyday, its my daily driven vehicle. I want to build it up to have 37x13.5x20 nitto grapplers on it. I plan on the 6" pro comp and a 3" body lift to fit the tires. What is the best pro comp lift to get for this, stage 1 or 2?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
more than likely shocks but dont quote me
and get some gears

·
Registered
43 Posts
more than likely shocks but dont quote me
and get some gears
Im looking at that same lift (6 in susp and 3 in body)...what gears would be recommended for the 5.7 Hemi with 37s?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
4.56 would probably be the best
thats a lot of tire

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much is a set of 4.56 gears and how much are they to install typically?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
456's is the lowest you can get right now for your 9.25 and IMHO I wouldn't mix sup. & body lifts. If it's just show the stage 2 will do fine w/ 37/13.50's w/ no rub using a leveling kit and the right offset wheels. and thats a for sure! :teacher:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I have to have the gears? Or will the truck not run right with leaving the gears stock? Right now I have 3.92. What if I just go up to a 35" tire, will I need new gears for that?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
No you dont the 392's are fine really! 456's are just more fun :cheerl:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I go with a 3" body and a 2.5" leveling kit, will that be enough to clear 35x12.5x20 nitto grapplers? If it will I may just go that route to save ALOT of money lol

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I think all you need is the level and wheels with more offset and you should clear
a lot of guys run that setup
and gears make it easier on your trans and engine from workin so hard

·
Registered
515 Posts
If I go with a 3" body and a 2.5" leveling kit, will that be enough to clear 35x12.5x20 nitto grapplers? If it will I may just go that route to save ALOT of money lol
Yes that will be enough to clear 35's. I have the 2" leveling kit with the 3" body with 35x12.50x18 Mud Grapplers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The wheels with more offset, do they make the tires stick out from the truck more or make them come in to the truck more? I want them to stick out from truck by an inch or 2.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The wheels with more offset, do they make the tires stick out from the truck more or make them come in to the truck more? I want them to stick out from truck by an inch or 2.
Look for something with a 4.75 to 4.5 inch backspacing if you want them to stick out some. Stock is something like 5.25 or 5.5 inches. Backspacing is the distance from the back of the wheel to the mounting surface of the wheel. So less backspacing means the futher the wheel will be pushed outward.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can I use the original 20" wheels with the 35x12.5x20 grapplers? Or will it rub? If it will work will the tires stick out from truck any?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I had those tires on stock 20's back in 06 w/ 1/4 " spacers no rub but I wouldn't have taken it rock crawling

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do u have to have spacers?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
To be safe I did cause it was alittle to close at a turn, so I figured when you make a turn from a 10-20 mph on to a parking lot with a slight incline I wouldn't see my wheelwell liner in my side mirror after hearing that horrible ripping noise:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much are the spacers and how safe are they to use?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
!/4 " are safe as can be. any good 4x4 shop has em cause they fit most f-150's and 1500 rams I think mine were about 4.50 e

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.