Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill re-type what this letter i just got says-

PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
Dayton Andrews dodge(where i got my truck from) has been selected as a site to conduct a special test market pricing and financing event. Your status as a Dayton Andrew Dodge customer qualifies you for this private sale.

We are in desperate need to buyback several pre-owned 2005 Dodge Ram 1500s before October 1, 2006 in order to fullfill special used vehicle requests. Our records indicate you own one of these vehicles and our new car managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle.

We Would like to exchange your 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 for any new 2006 or 2007 Dodge car, truck, van or SUV. With factory incentives and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange wth little or no out-of pocket expense and with a monthly payment that fits your budget.

Bring this letter for admittance to this event and present it to authorized representatives at Dayton Andrews Dodge.

Please stop by or call us at 727-321-0500 to schedule a convenient appointment and allow us the opportunity to make you an offer. A visual inspection of your vehicle is required to asses its value.

Due to the nature of his event and your status as a customer of dayton andrews dodge, this event will not be advertised to the general public, this will be your only notification.

Please present this notification and one piece of identification to gain entrance to this private sale.

Then at the bottom there is a coupon for $4000 for "reprocessed down payment assistance". There is no fine print on the coupon or anywhere on the letter.
Has anyone recieved anything like this before? i think im going to check it out and maybe i will have a new 07 dodge by the end of the week, haha.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW i also recieve a FREE GIANT UNBRELLA for going!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I got the same thing from my dealer. Plus, I would get a Hawaii vacation!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I'd check it out... I don't know how they'll take the lift... but at least you'll get an umbrella. lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
it's just an advertising deal. basically they "buy back" your vehicle at trade-in value and put you in a new car/truck for 0 down and keep payments the same for however long it takes to pay off the vehicle (plus any upside down). I bet you see 72 month financing periods with your same payment, if you don't have the truck paid off...

·
Registered
453 Posts
i get this same thing from bankston dodge about twice a month wanting to buy back my 1998 dodge durango, I havent had that thing in 2 years, There's other things mixed in also, Nope i wouldnt go back to them anyway

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking its just a scam to sell some cars, ill prob go check it out and if it is actually a good deal ill take the lift off and bring my truck back to stock, ill let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
890 Posts
blok said:
I'm thinking its just a scam to sell some cars, ill prob go check it out
No, it's a scam to get you in their store, and so far it looks like it's working. ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
So thats what the tray thingy behind the seat is for..... It's an official dodge umbrella holder?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Heck, I'd go just for the umbrella. They're gonna offer you less than $18K (maybe way less). They're not looking for '05s, just wanting to sell '06 and '07s.

Leave your wallet at home.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
s1focker said:
i get this same thing from bankston dodge about twice a month wanting to buy back my 1998 dodge durango, I havent had that thing in 2 years, There's other things mixed in also, Nope i wouldnt go back to them anyway
I get the same thing from Bankston(used to be Bledsoe)....it's a scam for sure, but you might luck out and get a good deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer makes so much off of me and our company the drive the trucks to us. They seem to want to BUY BACK my truck every year too.

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
No, it's a scam to get you in their store, and so far it looks like it's working. ;)
Yep. My short time as a car salesman they were already telling us about this. They said to call people and tell them that the used car manager needed to buy nice used cars and that they would give top dollar for their trade. It was just to get people in their so they can screw them one more time.

I hate car dealerships.

·
Registered
477 Posts
There is NO Easterbunny,NO Santa Claus, And you can make book on it: NOTHING at a stealership is free

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maybe they will be distracted by my shiny wheels and trade me strait up for a 07' 4x4 cummins...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
six pak said:
There is NO Easterbunny,NO Santa Claus, And you can make book on it: NOTHING at a stealership is free
Actually on the big sale weekends/jamboree events, I used to run in and grab some free hotdogs, hamburgers sodas etc. on my lunch break at work. Then I would run back down the block to work and eat in our breakroom. Ahhhh....being single and broke had some advantages. LOL

KB

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd go just to see if you could get a good deal, hang out have them buy you lunch, free drinks and haggle with them then walk out. I go to dealer ships just to test drive trucks and haggle with the salesman, it's fun to do on a Saturday with nothing else to do:)

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
six pak said:
theres no santa claus? :mad:

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
I get those from Nissan all the time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.