DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with shipping overseas. DT member LPGHemi is from the UK and wants a sub box. Fedex offers what they call economy air and its a little over $200!!!!. I don't think 35lb weight is the issue. I think its the dimmensions since the package is 12" x 18" x 5 ft long. Are there any freigt companies that ship by boat? I don't think he would mind waiting a week or 2 if it saves a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
joefox said:
Does anyone have any experience with shipping overseas. DT member LPGHemi is from the UK and wants a sub box. Fedex offers what they call economy air and its a little over $200!!!!. I don't think 35lb weight is the issue. I think its the dimmensions since the package is 12" x 18" x 5 ft long. Are there any freigt companies that ship by boat? I don't think he would mind waiting a week or 2 if it saves a hundred bucks.
If you ship allot of packages through Fed Ex you may want to make an appointment with them at there local office (sometimes they will come to you) to discuss possible price brakes... depending on the quantities you ship they may give you a decent price brake... you can then pass that on to your customers.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
And your right, it is the dimensions that is killing the price. I know we use 12" 12" 36" and thats JUST within limits to avoid the oversize package charge.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
United States Navy
230 Posts
I was going to try to ship some last minute items when I transferred over here, DHL wanted $700 to ship a 100lb bbq grill I paid $300 for.

Ended up begging the folks at the port to let me lock it in the bed of the truck before they loaded it on the ship.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Also... as unfortunate as it sounds... you may need to limit the area you offer your services too... If a customer REALY REALY wants that product in another country... they will just have to pay what ever the shipping cost are. Not to mention the duty fees... in the end they will end up spending WAY too much either way. Im sure if you let them know what it will cost to ship they will reconsider such an order... again, it is unfortunate... as I would like to ship EVERYWHERE...but the reality is, its just getting to darn expensive to ship over the boarders...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Ship it through USPS,they have a 70lb box limit and 3 diff options.......express,priority,and parcel post........parcel post says" 4-5 weeks delivery" but rarely takes that long. I shipped a few things to the UK and always had decent prices via USPS.......and I actually have a Fedex account.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Use the USPS by EMS.I have recieved stuff from Japan and the UK and I only ended up paying about 100 bux tops.Or you can try a freight forwarder like Expeditors or BAX Global.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.