DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mike_b
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to install an auxillary fuel tank where the spare tire is stored. Thinking about building a hinge setup for the left tail light assy. Fill spout for the tank would be behind the tail light and the light would swing our for access to the fill spout.

Comments, hints, suggestions??? Anyone tried anything like this?

Mike B

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
go for it and let us know how it turns out sounds interesting

·
Quadder
433 Posts
I see emissions problems unless you install all that extra junk that's hooked to the stock tank.

You could do a spare tank that pumps into the factory tank.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I see emissions problems unless you install all that extra junk that's hooked to the stock tank.

You could do a spare tank that pumps into the factory tank.
as long as he could mount the aux. tank so that the exit from it is higher than the entrance into the factory tank then there should be no problem with the exception of possible drain back into the aux tank. 1 way valve would fix that I suppose. Just keep in mind that it has to enter and remain sealed. The emissions stuff has to see a certain vacuum I believe (why you get a cel if you leave the gas cap off).

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
interesting idea though

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Well Low1 had a pimp ass relocation for his gas nozzle. He shaved the gas tank lid off the bedside. then had a powered actuator that pushed the left tail light out and pivoted. Then his filler neck was behind the light. He posted videos of it too. Try a search you will find them. But his was for the main tank, not an auxillary tank.

I know one of our members from England runs his truck on LPG. He has a secondary tank thats made to fit where the spare goes. not sure if you can order them from the company or what not.

KB

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Yep KB112, I have two tanks actually, that are squeezed underneath the truck bed where the spare goes.
They have about 140 liters of LPG in them giving me an extra 300+ miles from a full set of LPG tanks, to go with what's in the petrol tank.
I suppose I would get about 675 miles at best (15mpg) before having to refill the tanks.
Sorry to go off topic. Your idea of a filler neck behind the rear light cluster sounds ace.
Especially if you can get an actuator of some sorts to flip the cluster out automatically.
Al.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I'd like to see this.

·
'08LaRam
680 Posts
Did you ever see photos of a Ford Pinto hit from the rear in an accident...Nice Fire. Comes from mounting the gas tank between the rear bumper and the rear axle.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
What if you get a flat? :YO: :bawl:

Does sound good though.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Here is Low1's video of his fuel filler mod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.