Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a lil bit of help guys..
ok so i have a turbo R/T and ive been babying the hell outta the thing..but lately ive been noticing a little bit of knock..im using Walbro 255 lbs injectors, ChillFactory fuel regulator, and im only running 5lbs of boost right now..

like i said, ive been babying it alot lately so it kinda suprised me when i started hearing it..its not really noticable but i just cant stand to listen to it any longer...

now i know i need to be able to retard the timing but im just not sure as to the best way i should do it; thats why i figured i would try and get sum info from u guys if anybody has ever had to deal with it before..
:help:
god why cant i just have a distributor?!?!?!!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
an MSD DIS-II ignition is probably your best bet. I'm assuming you already have some way of adding fuel when boost is present? (so you aren't leaning out)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the harness for the stock coil pack??

and yea, like i said i have a chillfactory FPR..
that was a type-o in my previous statement lol..i have Accel 32lbs injectors, not Walbro...i was in a rush at work and i was thinkin of my fuel pump for sum reason..got a lil ahead of myself

but anyways, what if i tried running a different set of plugs?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Running a colder plug might help. You arent using platinums are you? Stick with plain jane copper plugs.

The MSD DIS-II is not a harness, it is a programable ignition system for direct ignition vehicles (no distributer). It allows you to retard ignition timing (but not advance past what the computer will allow) and change your rev limiter (but not higher than the computer will allow), as well as other cool features like launch control... You can set it to an rpm and it will hold the engine at that speed so you can launch a WOT without totally blazing the tires.

You're absolutely sure you arent leaning out? You shouldnt have detonation with only 5lbs of boost on factory timing... you're using the factory PCM, correct? 93octane fuel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i run nothing less than 93 octane and it still has the factory PCM..

now as far as leaning out; im not ABSOLUTELY sure...i had one of those stupid A/F gauges which isnt in working condition right now but im in the process of getting a wideband...now i know how important it is to use a wideband esp with turbos which is why im freakin out cause i have no idea what the stoich specs are!!!!

but i had an idea that a/f ratio could be a possibility but i figured it was moreless my timing...

i appreciate all ur info..ill deff. look into the MSD ignition

...and no, im not using platinum plugs...its just a set from NGK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.