DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Patriot....
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Red got a clay bar, Zymol cleaner wax and Turtle Wax Gold Class polish today. First time in a loooong time it's been this shiny. Something's missing though. Who is observant?

Attachments

· Keystoner
5,488 Posts
look'n good bro

· Patriot....
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amanc96 said:
looks good... but parking it under some trees?? better get ready to clean up that bird shie...

Actually- that's why she got the bath! I'm screwed on the trees, short of parking all the way down the street. My drive way is covered as is the street along my front yard. I have three spots on the hood from sap which the clay bar couldn't handle (ANY SUGGESTIONS?) plus there was some sort of acidic bird crap which marred the paint as well.

ON the hood, I did the clay bar, twice, used my buffer with some 3M Scratch Remover, then the buffer with the Zymol cleaner wax and finally some of the paste wax. It's slicker than snot and very shiny but didn't remove any of the sap.

Oh, and my D's under the car port now :D

keven - you win the prize - I finished debadging the D yesterday. :rck:

· Patriot....
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2K R/T said:
Looks Great

Missing Is the 20" Black rims

The Red shines up nice

RICK
Rick - are 17s good enough? I'll probably never do 20s but I'd love these in a 17"

· WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,433 Posts
You missed the Magnum V8's

· Banned
1,379 Posts
Yo Kevin. In my opinion, 17s would do, but id atleast get 18s. I have had a hard time considering 18s or 20s, black or chrome, and keep flip floppin. Right now 20s in chrome are what I see around christmas time on my D, but just a month ago for the past 4 months I was set on 20s in black. Before that it was 18s only, no 20s period, and in chrome. Ive really boggled my mind trying to decide what to do. But comparing the MBs Rock has in 20s to that of the same ones in 18s on another D I found a pic of, boy do the 20s make a HUGE difference over 18s.

In the end, its up to what you like and what your willing to spend on them. Im not wanting to fork out tons of cash when I get my rims, so ill probably be cheap and shop ebay if I cant find any good deals locally. But the big decisive thing in adding certain mods to my D is the honest opinion of my fellow DT members here, as well as my friends, cousins(just 2 of them), and fiancee. I want what I do to look good to me but good to others as well. Thats why I was asking about the inserts.

Later
Big John

Btw, your D looks sweet. Id love to wax mine but my back would go out far before I could finish and it runs about 35-50 anywhere around here for a wash/handwax. Ill get it done someday. And do you happen to know if its possible for wax to hide scratches in paint in any way? Seemed like my D was nearly perfect on the paint except when you opened the doors on the bottom where people might step and a few scratches in a few places, but over the last 1.5 years, its turned into a real "scared" D for no reason.

· Sicker Than All
520 Posts
i really need to clay and wax my durango.

it looks pretty bad once you get up close.

· Backwoods Hillbilly
989 Posts
Kevin_Rants said:
First time in a loooong time it's been this shiny. Something's missing though. Who is observant?
Uh... the debadging was obvious. The REAL answer is that dirt is now missing. :D

BTW, those wheels are sharp. I'm not a huge fan of black ones, but I've looked at those several times before and love them.

· Patriot....
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BigJohn82 said:
Btw, your D looks sweet. Id love to wax mine but my back would go out far before I could finish and it runs about 35-50 anywhere around here for a wash/handwax. Ill get it done someday. And do you happen to know if its possible for wax to hide scratches in paint in any way? Seemed like my D was nearly perfect on the paint except when you opened the doors on the bottom where people might step and a few scratches in a few places, but over the last 1.5 years, its turned into a real "scared" D for no reason.
I think you can get an orbital buffer for about $40-50, one time fee and then you can hit most areas with the buffer and not wear out your right arm with 'wax on, wax off' (that's from the Karate Kid all you youngsters out there who never made it to the Ralph Machio section of Blockbuster). :thatfunny

3m makes a California Gold Scratch Remover, it's awesome stuff. Will remove 1500 grit sand paper marks. If your marks are really noticeable, you can wet sand gently with some 1500 grit, then 2000 grit (wet) and use the scratch remover to remove the fine sanding marks. A coat of wax on top and the paint will be smooth, glossy and deep colored.

· Banned
1,379 Posts
Thanks for the tips Kevin. Ill have to hop out sometime this week when its sunny and take a few pics of the scratches im talking about so you can really see what I mean. They just started appearing about 6-8 months after I got her and have been showing up even more ever since.

Later
Big John

· Patriot....
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you park out doors, it's bound to happen. I was surpised at how much damage my car cover did in the year my D was outside (and covered). My rear window vent visors are all marred up, lots of scratches from parking on the street for the past two years (actually, she's never been garaged b/c she was on the street in North Carolina as well).

· BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Ooooooo... So Shiney Shiney!
Looking good Dude.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.