DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been around for awhile, I just wanted to add my thoughts. I put it on my 07 Quad and within the next day my low end lose from Airaid tube and [email protected] filter and straight through flow Banks exhaust was gained!!! The products work great but the takeoff starts weren't there before Powerwire. Powerwire definitely gave me back my low end! Thanks Nick looks like it was right off an assembly line... Oh and by the way for those wondering about fuel economy keeping my foot out of it and driving normal, I towed about 3800 lbs in town today (22 miles) and was getting 16 MPG. I didn't even get that before without towing. Thats got to prove something!

· Registered
641 Posts
Im glad to read this. I have Flowmaster super 44 single in dual out. Performance seemed good. Then last night I put on the True Flow XDI intake and it felt like I lost a ton of bottom end power. I was very dissapointed that it seemed like it really slowed the truck down. I raced my nephew in his stock Nissan Sentra SER...and I struggled from the light. He was keeping up with me pretty good. I just got the Jet stream scoop and Power wire today. Im going to install it tomorrow. I hope I get my bottom end back.

· Registered
238 Posts
My mods went like this: first the exhaust system, then the Hypertech, then the intake and last the headers. I noticed a hesitation in take off after the headers were installed. I kept reading and contemplating the power wire. After getting the power wire and installing it the slight hesitation was gone. I only wish I had gotten the power wire as my first mod. Great product and worth the money.

· Got 2 Hemis
5,057 Posts
I've read that as the weather cools off, it's best to remove the PW. I just got mine. I put it in just to have the mental picture of it. Took it back out and stashed it, figuring to put it back in March. Here in North Florida it doesn't get REALLY cold, but it gets nippy (often upper twenties, sometimes mid-teens). Yeah, you northerners -- t-shirt weather. Anyway, what's the word on this aspect?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once you get that low you wont notice the Powerwire because your already sucking in the coldest air.

Fort Pierce here...

· Got 2 Hemis
5,057 Posts
That's kinda my question... The PW is gonna make the computer think the air is twenty degrees cooler. Air that cold already doesn't need the help. But the computer is gonna say, "Ok, here's more fuel, as ordered." And now the fuel tank is being vacuum drained when it isn't really necessary. Does someone KNOW that the computer will decide, "OK, cold is cold, ignore any more input."

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is set up for warmer weather so it can get the extra fuel at (WOT) by showing its 20 degrees cooler. When its already that cold your truck by itself will already be able to determine that because of the cold ambient temperature outside without the help of the wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.