DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new powerwagon, 2006 ex cab with leather and all that goodies. It is equipped just as nice the rubicon i traded in for it when you compare the off road packages. It is a large, powerful, offroad eqipped truck that fits 35s stock and it has lockers.. WHo could ask for more. I dont mind bad gas mileage, really. Driving lifted GM IFS trucks with 35s for years I got over that real quick. They didnt even handle the 35 well, they did it quite poorly in fact. I feel confident in the this the drivetrain of this truck.

HOWEVER

I need to get these lockers to engage in 4-HI. My rubicon could do this because of a modification shown in the link.. Think this might work on a dodge ram? I need to find out which wires are which first... How do i find out which wire is which?

Also, Any ideas on how to make them engage faster?

·
Big Black Power Wagon
578 Posts
Seems like alot of people art working on your first question to no avail.
To make the lockers work faster, use them more. Mine started to work almost instantly after i used them alot. They seemed to get broken in.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've found on my PW, the slower I go the faster they engage. Barely crawling works best. Also, if I alternate full lock turns side to side, it usually engages faster than driving straight ahead.

I don't see the need or advantage to have the lockers operating in high range. I've 4 wheeled for years, and this is my third vehicle with one or more lockers. I've also had a number of limited slip diffs. The ARB in my TJ is usable at almost any speed, but I only use it off road in low range, on severe obstacles. Most of my 4 wheeling has been rock crawling type stuff. And of course Rocky Mountain winters, including getting back into (or almost) to our cabin through the deep snow.

There has been no time when I wished I had, or needed, lockers in high range. On a snow or ice covered road, when you spin both tires on an axle, you'll just slide that end towards whichever side of the road is slanted down. Spin all 4 and you can go right off the road on the low side. On any off road rock crawling obstacles that are severe enough to require the lockers, it is always extremely slow going, so low range is in use. Maybe mudding would require high range use. I don't know, as this is the one type of offroading I don't do. When I've been in soft deep sand, low range was fine, and actually preferable, due to the high weight the hemi is pulling with the power wagon.

Why do you want the lockers to operate in high range?

Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone found out how to use them in 4hi?
Its time to get the lockers working or get another ride. I dont need expensive factory options i cant use. Who has time to put the truck in 4lo when you need lockers.... i dont

1 - 4 of 4 Posts