DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boss302
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my "Power Wire" for my 05 qc 4x4 4.7 Did you guys with the same 4.7 change to a lower thermostate?What octane are you running.Are any of you using a Jet Chip along with the power wire.I know from past talk the chip is not well spoken.

Thanks

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I can't speak from experience, but from what I've heard, the Jet chip is junk. I haven't made the switch yet to the 180 T-stat, but will be soon. I switch up my programs from time to time, but have been running 91 octane for around six months now. I primarily switch between the Performance and Towing programs on my Superchips, and they both require 91.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Jet Chips are hit or miss with different aplications... I had one on my '97 Dakota and felt it was good to me on there.

With just the PowerWire, you won't need to run a 180 stat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the jet chip stage 2 in my ram 4.7, i luv it. i think im one of the few that like it. But i dont think anyone else makes a chip for the 4.7 ram. I also have all the other mods too. Gibson headers, true dual exhaust, high flow cats, borla mufflers, crane cams throttle body spacer, k&n cold air kit, 180 t-stat, asp underive pulley. I luv it, this thing pulls real hard. my gas mileage boosted from a crappy 14mpg in town to 21.5mpg and from 17.5 highway to 23.5 with 275/55/20" tires. Thats if you maintain 55mph, its hard to do because it feels so good to give it a little more pedal. It really thunders when your doing about 40mph and hammer it, it never stops pulling. Ive used a stage 1 chip in another truck, it didnt have a noticeable power change,but it did get better mileage. Ive smoked many hemis and dakotas. So yes I think the chip is worth it. I dont know how well it works without all these mods, but they recommend that you have better exhaust, air filter, and the t-stat.
Good luck.

·
Boss302
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
power wire

Stingersoffroad,

I've had the Jet Chip in my 4x4 QC for about a month and I noticed a difference in exceleration.The only mods I have are cat-back, 180 stat and cai.However I went from 15mpg city to 13mpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.