DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed the power wire on a 2002/3 5.9? Seems like the IAT sensor has a different connector. Is it located on the front passenger side of the manifold?

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
PM Nick from Air_Ram (Handle: AIR_RAM)... He will be able to tell you bro!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If he doesn't help you out then let us know so we can abuse him verbally.

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an e-mail in to him, just thought i would ask here as well

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Mad Titan said:
If he doesn't help you out then let us know so we can abuse him verbally.

HAHAHHA!!! yea.. We would LOVE to do that!!!!

(Just picking nick)

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got it installed, just needed to play around with it a little more to get it to fit. I was looking in the right spot for the IAT. goin to take it for a drive now

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good afternoon to everbody,
I also have a 2002 1500 QC with a 5.9. How much does the powerwire do for this motor? I am looking for HP and mileage (aren't we all!)

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've only driven about 6 miles on it so far on my way to work, so I cant really get a good MPG average yet. As far as HP it seems a little better

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
Yeahh its not N20 but you should notice a small amount of additional PEP... They all add up in the end.

For better fuel economey you will have to keep your foot out of it. With the POWER WIRE in place you can get better fuel economey if youre easy on the gas... but on the flip side... it will cause your engine to consume more fuel at WOT... so keep out of WOT and you should see MPG gains.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
95 Posts
What other recomendations are there for HP that work well with this motor? I am thinking headers, exhaust, etc.....Best headers? Shorties or full length? Throttle body? I have heard of a Mopar intake, M1 I think. I have heard of adding an "H" pipe or crossover to help scavenge exhaust? The truck is pretty anemic so I am lookingfor guys who have the right formula figured out already. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
Yeahh its not N20 but you should notice a small amount of additional PEP... They all add up in the end.

For better fuel economey you will have to keep your foot out of it. With the POWER WIRE in place you can get better fuel economey if youre easy on the gas... but on the flip side... it will cause your engine to consume more fuel at WOT... so keep out of WOT and you should see MPG gains.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Yup... What he said... Ill vouch for that... I increased almost a full MPG on my road trip to the coast, but I have also noticed around town when Im driving it like its stolen... I get almost 1 MPG less... HAHA...

Damn you Nick... Just when I was starting to be able to drive around without stomping it all the time you go and ship me this new mod that you cant really feel until WOT... :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
ericsyzf said:
What other recomendations are there for HP that work well with this motor? I am thinking headers, exhaust, etc.....Best headers? Shorties or full length? Throttle body? I have heard of a Mopar intake, M1 I think. I have heard of adding an "H" pipe or crossover to help scavenge exhaust? The truck is pretty anemic so I am lookingfor guys who have the right formula figured out already. Thanks, Eric

Eric, If you have the HEMI your in the same boat as we are. Not as much out there, but you do have some options that have popped up in th past few months. Headers and exhaust seem to make a big difference, not to mention your knocking that out up front and that is gonna help you out in the long run as you add more mods. The easier your motor can breathe the better. Also, Lots of controversy over the CAI, but if for nothing else, Cooler air, The "cool factor" and the sound... Lets see... Electric Fan, Under drive pulley will give you some power. GEARS GEARS GEARS... Not so much power, but you will launch much harder. depending on your year model, you can install the programmer (the concensus is Superchip). They make a torque converter but I havent seen too many people using it on the 54FRE tranny. I have just recently discovered that a company is also offering a cam for our motors (HEMI) that is supposed to be a very nice addition...

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I just realize you have the 5.9.... You aren't as limited on what you can do to your truck. there are a ton of mods out there for the 5.9.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.