DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic just installed the Power Wire on my 5.9 and all I can say is awesome. I wasn't expecting much from this mod, but what a difference it has made with performance even after my current mods ( headers, intake, Superchip, Fastman throttle body, exhaust, and 4:56 gears ). It is definitely a lot peppier across the power band and it seems my truck is a lot quicker off the line. It's no placebo effect. Definitely recommend this mod to all, especially to the owners of 2000-2001 5.9 Rams since some people believe that the Power Wire is only for 3rd generation Rams. Extremely impressed and happy with this inexpensive mod. Thanks Air Ram for this wonderful product. By the way, JD770 and JWM1986 thumbs up with the Power Wire. You both won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silver DodgeRam- For more information about the Power Wire go to Air Ram's website at www.AIRRAM.com or do search for Power Wire and hear what other members have said about this mod. It is essentially a wire that connects to the intake air temperature sensor and tricks the computer to believe that the engine is 20 degrees cooler. This causes the computer to advance the timing and add more fuel at wot. The best way to describe what type of performance the Power Wire provides is this example: My truck feels a lot stronger and peppier when first started in the morning, but that peppiness eventually disappates when the engine warms up. Well, with the Power Wire the peppy response/power stays constant even after the engine warms up. I'm impressed because my truck has responded very strongly with this $40 mod, especially at wot. Love the added hp that it provides with my other mods. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you can achieve the same thing by going to radio shack and soldering in a 5k ohm resistor for $1, but i doubt this would add any power because the PCM would compensate

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
haha what a joke, peolpe are actually buying this too i bet. Its going to make your truck run very rich and people have been relocating their IAT forever to make it see a colder temp but its not going to give you shit for power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.