DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on switching doors with a member on here... my question is, my doors dont have power anything, and his does... i can see that being ok for him. but what would i have to do to hook up power window and locks?

·
Registered
415 Posts
You would have to do a lot.

Power locks won't work unless you have an slt. If you have an st you will need a new instrument cluster.

Windows will need a new body harness if you don't have an slt. There can also be some issues even if you do have the body harness if the doors are not from year models with the same harness.

The easiest thing to get working is the power mirrors and you still may have to do a little rewiring on the door harness.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just curious, why are y'all trading doors?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he has shaved doors and thats what i want.... and hes getting REAL fast and the tracks wont let him run that fast without door handles

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
If your just trading doors, you don't need to trade the internals. But for what its worth, read up in the interior/exterior forum. A few guys have made the switch to power, some even using factory equipment.

KB

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
KB112 said:
If your just trading doors, you don't need to trade the internals. But for what its worth, read up in the interior/exterior forum. A few guys have made the switch to power, some even using factory equipment.

KB
In an attempt to lose some weight, I want to get rid of all my power options, so thats why we are wanting to swap the internals.

My brother has an ST as well, so if this doesnt go through, I am just going to swap the inner panels with him.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Gotcha.

KB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.