Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New user here,
1999 GC. Passenger window stopped working. I replaced the regulator unit via ebay. It worked 24 hours then stopped and kind of self destructed. Bought a regulator locally and it worked a couple of weeks, then seemed to appear OK but not be able to move window up and down anymore. Replaced it under warranty. Newest regulator worked a week then started leaving a small gap at top. I "rocked window glass" back and forth slightly and window went up all the way, but now it won't go down more than a quarter inch. I pulled the panel off to observe it, and there's nothing obviously wrong, although I can definately see the unit working. I'm going to pull the pins to see if the window will drop by itself. I'm wondering if there's a "window glass binding" problem that's causing these regulators to die.
The van has not been wrecked, the door/window has not been repaired other than this issue. Any suggestions, thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I had a funny window problem with a Ram pickup a couple of years back where a spot weld broke at the bottom of the track and caused all manner of problems. Hard to spot unless you were really looking for it. I drilled it out myself and repaired it with a small nut and bolt, and everything worked fine after that. Take a real close look at all the moving and non-moving parts. Something's messed up somewhere.

Rick

·
Registered
984 Posts
Also, I'm assuming this is a power window, even though you used the word "regulator" instead of "motor." If motors are dying, I would suspect water getting in there somehow and shorting them out. Also, lube up the tracks real well with some of that white lithium grease to keep things sliding smoothly.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.