Verde SAR
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd rather have a Cummins!

1175.jpg

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Would love to have the option to have a PW with a Cummins.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The old 24v 5.9 HO I had in my dually but not the newer one with all the regen crap. I read somewhere that the newer Cummins in 2013 or so will ditch the DPF nonsense and go the route of urea injection like Ford & GM. Could you imagine being out on a tail and your truck goes into limp mode becasue the DPF is clogged? It's not like you are going to be able to run her out at 60mph+ for 30+ miles to clean it out. Now a nicely built 12 valver in the PW would be sweet;)

·
CHRISTINE
1,443 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Nice truck, but I haven't seen it on any local trail rides tho...

Next time you see one posted for the Prescott/Sedona area, I'd better see that Verde Sar Dog dude along for the ride with the Cactus Red PW.

:D:ugh:secret2:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Convience Dodge to build a Cummins PW. Otherwise..... there are awesome diesel forums for you... just FYI.

·
08 Power Wagon
48 Posts
Thats too funny! Why don't you back that up with some good reason's why...otherwise NOBODY CARES!:crazy:

·
Verde SAR
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice truck, but I haven't seen it on any local trail rides tho...

Next time you see one posted for the Prescott/Sedona area, I'd better see that Verde Sar Dog dude along for the ride with the Cactus Red PW.

:D:ugh:secret2:
This truck is definately not a pavement princess...it's my search and rescue truck.

Is there a truck club here? I know there's a Jeep club, several of my friends belong. I'm the only sane person in the posse with a truck LOL

I just did just do a 50 mile loop up Allen Springs road and down through Cherry....

·
Verde SAR
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The old 24v 5.9 HO I had in my dually but not the newer one with all the regen crap. I read somewhere that the newer Cummins in 2013 or so will ditch the DPF nonsense and go the route of urea injection like Ford & GM. Could you imagine being out on a tail and your truck goes into limp mode becasue the DPF is clogged? It's not like you are going to be able to run her out at 60mph+ for 30+ miles to clean it out. Now a nicely built 12 valver in the PW would be sweet;)
There is no DPF on my '06 but it does have common rail fueling. It's more prone to injector failures but oh so much quieter ......

·
CHRISTINE
1,443 Posts
There is no DPF on my '06 but it does have common rail fueling. It's more prone to injector failures but oh so much quieter ......
Wonder how it would run up here after it has sat all night when it is -20 outside. :dunno: nice bow...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had a common rail before the PW. Too quiet for a deiesl I thought compared to my old '00 2500 but now these new trucks are just darn silent. I wish I had my '00 back in new condition. I would trade my PW + $$$ for a showroom new '00 2500 4x4 6-speed with the camper package, and Dana 80 axle w/ 3.73 gears. That was a great truck. It was the light brown/tan twotone with gray. It was a Canadian truck so I had to have the guage cluster changed out. She smelled so sweet on a cool morning with that diesel just warming up. I instaledl a VanAaken fueling box, some 285 or 315 injectors (can't remember which), CAI, and a south bend clutch and that thing roared. That was a bad arse machine. My wife still remembers that truck. Everytime she hears a nice load diesel, or smells the fuel in the cool morning air, it reminds her of the times we were dating.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
The thing is, us devoted Power Wagon owners all have several specific things in common that nobody else, no other type of truck owner, can understand.
I won't be as smug as to say something like..."It's a Jeep thing".. type of thing, but that there it's a specific set of mechanical issues that ONLY exist with the Power Wagon. We spend all of our extra time trying to figure out these issues and share ideas on how to "solve" these PW specific issues. Everything we do to any Power Wagon specific problem is a shared knowledge situation, similar to the "Borg" from Star Trek. Add too these "almost unsolvable" mechanial problems, which are Power Wagon specific by the way, to the fact that we get on average 11 or 12 MPG and are limited to only 10K towing capacity, you can see why we are, kind of a "clique". Any time an outsider comes into our circle boasting he owns an awesome, powerful, awe insipring Cummins truck that gets 20 MPG and can tow a million pounds, with zero mechanical issues EVER, , well, perhaps you can see the problem here? Anyhow, thank you for serving on a search and recue team, that is awesome, and is well appriciated! Have a fantasitic winter holiday and , if you ever get stuck, give one of us a call to pull you out. ;)

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i'm on our local search and rescue team and no other diesels on the team dare go where i go. in fact i'm always pulling them out.

mike

·
CHRISTINE
1,443 Posts
I like my 4 yr old sons diesel analogy. "There goes another one of those stinky trucks daddy!" :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'd rather have a Cummins!

View attachment 338141
i enjoy this forum because it's very laid back, but nobody gives a shit about your cummins, I traded my cummins in for my PowerWagon, bring that big heavy pig up to Alaska and we can run in the muskeg and see if the extra torque helps overcome all the extra weight. Don't turn this forum into Pirate4x4, if you don't have anything productive for the PW forum then stay the hell in the diesel forums. And oh yeah nice bow

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Its actually not to hard to take a Hemi 2500 and make it a Powerwagon over time. I would love a power wagon. But right now, I have the same GC, the tires, the gears, upgraded shocks, and the power. All I need is the locking diffs, winch, and disconnecting sway bar, and I have a "generic" power wagon. In a few years, my new truck will be a Powerwagon, no doubt. Cudos and I envy those who have one.:gr_patrio

·
Verde SAR
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i enjoy this forum because it's very laid back, but nobody gives a shit about your cummins, I traded my cummins in for my PowerWagon, bring that big heavy pig up to Alaska and we can run in the muskeg and see if the extra torque helps overcome all the extra weight. Don't turn this forum into Pirate4x4, if you don't have anything productive for the PW forum then stay the hell in the diesel forums. And oh yeah nice bow
I see you're one of those elitists, you dont have REAL Power Wagon unless it's over 50 years old! The new ones are just a marketing ploy for all the problems you have to put up with....

I use my truck to 4 wheel just like you "guys" I'm not bashing PW's at all, but reading this forum it sure seems like there are a lot of failures with the new ones.

If you feel I'm disrupting this forum, that's your problem, not mine. If I had a power wagon I'd be just as proiud of it as I am of my CDT.

Chill out man.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
220 Posts
some people just like to stir stuff up....there could not possibly be another reason why you would start a thread like this in the power wagon section. :nono shame on you. We PW owners know the real deal, and let our trucks do the talking.

·
Registered
868 Posts
lets all get angry

1 - 20 of 211 Posts