DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i tested the crap out of her on saturday. i really scraped up the skid plates and everything on rocks. this wagon is amazing offroad is all i can say. the wifeey quit getting out of the pickup for pics cause she was tired of walking uphill in the high altitude.

mike

Attachments

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more pics...

Attachments

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
LOVE IT!!!!!!!LOOKS GREAT :rck: Makes me want to get one even more that you are that inpressed with it's ability!!!!!!! Dealership can't work with me any more though. They have a fully loaded one on the lot starring me in the face everyday. MSRP at $42,300, but emplyee discounted to $33,000 - AND I STILL CAN"T AFFORD IT RIGHT NOW :VHOT:

Attachments

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's some scenery pics of that day...

mike

Attachments

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Also - Awesome trail and scenery. Wish it looked that good around here. Must have been fun!!!!!!!

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SamCarroll said:
Looks nice! How did the Toureg do? :D

I really like those. (PW)
ya know...i gave my father-in-law alot of crap for buying it. he also has two jeeps but left them home to try out the vw toureg (and those aren't cheap). i gotta say i'm impressed with it's offroadness....only bad thing on them is the street tires. i kind of understand why 4wheeler magazine made it 4wheeler of the year. he did take the easier routes for the most part that day however.

mike

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Great pics! :tup: I still have yet to actually test out one of those Wagons. Looks like a lot of fun in a beautiful environment!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Wow. Very nice!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Great pics. Where were you at? Those trails look familiar.

We're heading out week after next. Probably spend most of our time around Leadville.

Think I'll leave the Ram and home and take the Jeep.

·
Registered
105 Posts
not bad not bad. nice touraeg ;)

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DonRam said:
Great pics. Where were you at? Those trails look familiar.

We're heading out week after next. Probably spend most of our time around Leadville.

Think I'll leave the Ram and home and take the Jeep.
we were on deer creek, webster pass, and radical hill. red cone is the first pic with all the red shale. trails are east of breakenridge, and south of montezuma.

mike

·
Registered
199 Posts
the75powerwagon said:
Power Wagons are amazing trucks.. best 4x4 you can buy..
What world do you live in? They are nice pickups and do wheel decently, but your statement is in the wrong, very wrong.

Nice to see someone wheeling their rig though, nice pics.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the75powerwagon said:
god damn.. thats awesome.. Power Wagons are amazing trucks.. best 4x4 you can buy..

lol best 4x4 pickup maybe...

·
3rd RAM = 2012 2500 Mega
103 Posts
98 Tacoma TRD with the elocker is the best 4x4 pickup you could buy! 12" ground clearance, elocker, 4.10's. Nice compact size, but big enough to take a passenger or 2. Most capable stock rig! :)

'course... I am biased.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ToyTaco said:
98 Tacoma TRD with the elocker is the best 4x4 pickup you could buy! 12" ground clearance, elocker, 4.10's. Nice compact size, but big enough to take a passenger or 2. Most capable stock rig! :)

'course... I am biased.
if i remember right, the locker was only in the rear right for the toyota? bad part is the yota was ifs. i'll have to disagree with the yota being the most capable stock rig however.

mike

·
3rd RAM = 2012 2500 Mega
103 Posts
The IFS isn't that bad, come on! :)
I have been on pretty much every trail that I would ever want to wheel on with the yota. Yes, the elocker was only for the rear. I have been contemplating a Solid Axle, and would want to do the FJ-80 high pinion with the E-locker, but those are 1200 for just the axle.

I meant at that time, for my comment on the most capable stock. As much as I hate to admit it, the Jeep Rubicon has the TRD Taco beat now. :(

So anyways, not to high-jack your thread!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.