DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some of you guys that got a Power Wagon give me some idea of your fuel mileage? I am looking at buying one now with all the incentives. Just want to see how much fuel mileage I am going to give up. THANKS!!!

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i've got 280 miles on mine, and have got 12 mpg. city and highway combined. i've been driving it like i've stolen it from time to time too. if you're really asking about mpg, then you might not want it.

4wheeler also got 12 mpg city, highway, and offroading.

mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS, You're PW is really GREAT looking! I am looking at one the same color. I'm not really letting the mileage make my decision. They are big trucks & you have to xpect them to use fuel. I am running a Ford F350 PSD 4X4 & getting about 16 on the hwy & 14 or so in town. Real close to going back to the gas engine. Tired of all the filter changes & 15 qt oil changes, waiting to cool down B4 turning off & etc. If I can get about 13 or 14 on the hwy & from the look of things that is obtainable. My wife tells me I drive like a 1 eyed 90 yr old grandpa with no legs , Because I never go over the speed limit. When I'm with her driving I push a hole in the floorboard trying to brake from the passenger side.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow ... 12 eh ... im lucky if i see 10

·
Registered
643 Posts
Wow when I left the dealer I was getting 5.1mpg and by the time I got it home it said 8.9mpg but its still on the first tank of gas and I havent had it since Monday so I can't say anything yet. Saturday I get it back and will drive the hell out of it in the weekend and then it will be back in the shop on tuesday or wed to get more done.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
The PW won't be much different then any other 2500 with the Hemi. The extra weight is not as big of an issue as the aerodynamics. My 2500 4x4 got only one mpg less then my brothers 2wd rc sb hemi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
13 mpg average on mine so far. But it has been steadily improving. :)

David

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
wow...guess i'm thankful for 12 now. big difference with the wagon vs. a regular 2500 is the 4.56 axles and the different engine tuning. i'm just going by the overhead console right now as i haven't even gone through the first tank. i'm at high altitude too, which usually takes more gas due to hills and oxygen....so i thought.

mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
A hemi...with a considerable amount of extra weight than the 1500! Its a kick in the :nutkick: no matter how you see it! Half full or half empty...when you own a truck it is usually half empty! But they are such beautiful machines!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.