DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their a company that after market power steering pumps, burned up my forth one last night.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Fourth one? Is your front end in good shape? How are they determing it is bad?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I would love to have a high output one on the Power Wagon because when the front locker is engaged the power steering power feels like it runs out of power to turn the truck at slow speeds.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i wana know 2 , i was out helping my son practice his parking for his test next week when the steering got hot and over flowed on the pump . what gives??

·
Bright silver & chrome!
81 Posts
lincoln1003 said:
i wana know 2 , i was out helping my son practice his parking for his test next week when the steering got hot and over flowed on the pump . what gives??

Not related to PS pumps, but when I took my son in to take his drivers test, they wouldn't even let him take it in my Ram! They said it "wouldn't fit between the barrels" for the parallel parking portion of the test! We ended up borrowing my friends Pontiac Grand Am so he could take the test.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i've did a few doughnuts, i gotta learn not to fully lock the steering wheel

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hoss64us said:
Not related to PS pumps, but when I took my son in to take his drivers test, they wouldn't even let him take it in my Ram!
That’s a little messed up, but understandable. When I went to take my test I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee. My parents let me have it after they got a new one. I was working at the time and had money to blow, so I installed a 4” lift and 32in tires on it.

Now, I thought I wouldn’t have to parallel park, they told me I’d be doing a K-Turn when I called to set up my test. Well I took my Jeep down to DMV and they took one look at it and said “Nope to big.” “To big? To big for WHAT?” I asked. And the reply I got was “To big for the parallel parking test.”

I’d been practicing with this Jeep for awhile now, so I knew what it could do and couldn’t do. I told them I wanted to try any way, and the instructor just shook his head and let me take the test. Well when I saw where they wanted me to put it, I all most walked away. But I figured I’m all ready here, what the hell.

The parking space looked like it was to small for a VW Bug. But I got it in there some how. Getting it out, I just ran the cones over. The really bad part I see about giving tests this way is, its no where near real. At least not here. They make you park inside cones. For one, the cones are to small, you can’t see them. I the real would you have another car to see. I guess they figure if you can part and not hit a little ass cone, you can do it and not hit a big ass car.

STL HEMI said:
Why not get a hydraulic assist setup from PSC motorsports. Send them your 3rd gen pump and they will tap it for you then just buy the ram and all the plumbing to make it work. http://www.pscmotorsports.com/
What is it really though? Like a hydro-boot kit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.