DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do this asap because one of my cooling lines was leaking and I put a new clamp on it, but when I filled the resevoir I filled it with normal psf not realizing the truck takes atf+4. Can I just pull the return line and let it drain and then fill with proper fluid or will I get air in the lines that way? Do I need to go to the dealership to have it flushed with the machine? They want $100 to flush it and I'd rather just do it on my own to save the extra money. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
174 Posts
BM100403 do NOT do as you have planed. Air bubbles in the lines is the least of your potential concerns[pockets will stay. Air pockets will form, as air pressure beats liquid push]. Running a wet system dry is murder.
If you want to powerflush in a manner akin to your idea then have a few extra quarts ready and have a non ending supply heading into the pump. When extra clear liquid comes out then stop adding and immediately cap[replace line] the system. The machine is far from foolproof , I only use them if they were drained, filled, and run on 1-2 vehicles before me[never first nor later than fifth].

Good luck, Bear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.