DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Dodge Dakota Dixie Custom Truck 2wd.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my 94 dakota power steering and rack. I'm loosing fluid from the pump but I can't find any leaks or puddles any where. What is going on with that. I've put on a new pump. How much fluid does it take?? I'm going crazy guys. Need help fast because I use it for work.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You may have a leaking line or rack.

Also, if it's not been completely bled, you may still be working air out of the lines. How much have you put into it?

RwP

·
Registered
1994 Dodge Dakota Dixie Custom Truck 2wd.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've put in at least 3 qts. I let it sit for a while and the reservoir will be empty.

·
Registered
229 Posts
it's leaking SOMEWHERE.

Or you're not putting 3 quarts in.

Time to completely wash the front suspension off, dry it off, then spray it with some cheap foot powder.

Start the truck up, run lock to lock, shut it off, and see where the show(s) is/are.

(You want the super cheap foot powder because what you're wanting to see is the fluid trail; you're not curing your athlete's foot or jock rash.)

RwP

·
Registered
4 Posts
It could also be leaking into the boots of the rack. If there is not any cracks or rips in the boot, they will hold fluid. Easy way to check is to take something that you can poke a small hole into the bottom of the boots & see if fluid comes out. If fluid comes out you need a new rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts