DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2nd Gen Ram for about 5 months now and just thought I'd clear a few things up. I'm going to order an ATI Procharger/intercooler system soon and after spending lots of money on bolt-ons I've come to the conclusion that it's the only way to make REAL power in stock form. I don't take my truck to the strip, so this is only my conclusion from doing the mods and seeing how it "feels". I know this isn't very conclusive, but here is what I've found:

Granted, this is not having ~4k to spend on intake/cam/etc.

JBA headers/random tech hi-flow cat/3'' exhaust flowmaster super 40 muffler ~$1200 - The exhaust mods were very enlightening, made a BIG difference, I would suggest doing the exhaust/hi-flow cat on all magnum configs.
4.56 Gears/Auburn posi unit ~$1000 - These made a considerable difference after increasing my tire size to 31'' (20'' rims/285/50r20's). Assisted w/ shift points. Now it goes into OD at ~38mph and STAYS there. Although at 70, I'm pushing 2400rpms, probably will have to go back down to 4.10's after supercharger upgrade.
Hypertech programmer ~$329 - Useless, the only thing it helped with was reprogramming for my increased tire size.
52mm throttle body ~$170 - Maybe I went too big, but this seemed useless also.
AEM Cold Air Intake ~$270 - No perceived difference from my stock w/ K&N dropin- useless.
180 Thermostat ~$8 - No perceived difference - useless.

·
Registered
27,633 Posts
I've done a lots of engine mods to my 360 Magnum & they all work.

If I was doing it again and didn't have the EAKMOBILE to fix up, I'd go with a Kenne Bell Supercharger and the mods I already have done, plus ported & polished heads.

I don't think Kenne Bell makes S/C for Magnums anymore, though.

Also, if you run a S/C and have an auto tranny be sure to beef up the tranny so it will handle the extra torque.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the Kenne Bell was my first choice, but they no longer make a model for the 5.2/5.9. After a lot of research, I settled on the ATI. Maybe I'm being kind of negative about the things I've done/added. They probably helped my ET's, but what I'm looking for is obviously only found in a supercharger ;-).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.