Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Durango 2000 SLT 5.9L

My Durango has a serious problem, the truck looses power while driving. The truck starts up fine in the morning, however as I drive through out the day it will just shutoff with out any warning.

I noticed that the Gauges loose power when this happens. I switch the key to the on position and non of the gauges operate, it will stay like this for a while and then all of a sudden the fuel gauge will shoot up and the car starts up fine.

We have replaced the Fuel pump, and the crankcase sensor. Please help, the D has never given me problems until now.
No codes are registered for a diagnostic.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
When it shuts down and you turn the key back to the on position, let it sit there for a while and see if the "no bus" display comes on your odometer. That could indicate a bad PCM.

Regardless, I think its PCM related. There really isn't any reason why your D should shut down without any warning. The only other thing would be the battery if it starts running rough and then shuts down on you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
no start

as of right now i have the same problem. the pcm is a dealer part, i am going to by one tomorrow if one is in stock and i will let you know how this turns out.

·
Registered
827 Posts
unplug crank sensor. turn key on. is "no bus" gone?? if it is, replace crank sensor. they can short to ground internally and take the down serial bus(computer/modules communicate with each other on it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.