DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
99 Ram 1500 Sport
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought another dodge after my last was stolen... So far i've got the hughes plenum kit, plug wires, cap and rotor, and full fluids service! yay.. I still have the Brake and ABS light on but that's another subject.

Right now I can't figure out why my locks won't work. I can hit either switch and hear the motors working, but nothing happens. Both locks freely move up and down (manually), and looking inside the door I don't see anything damaged or missing.

Ideas?

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Did you try the locks with the door panel off? Did the actuators move the lock mechanism. Just cause the make noise doesn't mean they are working.

·
99 Ram 1500 Sport
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken off the door panel and tried it again. I can't feel anything moving around the motor, I just feel that the motor is doing something. I'm guessing there must be some kind of gear in them that has stripped out... Does that sound possible?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just a guess, but check the voltage at the lock as you are pushing the button. The locks take 12 volts, but the switch will measure something different. I ran into this while trying to add electric locks to a toolbox.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I bought new locks for 20.00 they were easy to change out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.