DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 Ram QC I dont have the Infinity system but i want to install speakers into the dash. If I can find the power wire for the factory amp can i use that? Or is there another alternative for power near the glove box thats not detrimental to something? It is not a good idea to run 4 speakers of 2 channels from the radio right? It is a small amp 20W X 2 that i am going to use just to run the dash speakers. i didnt want to run another wire for this amp I already have one. Or any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The factory wires are not meant for this, so do not take short cuts.......its better to do it the correct way now than to have to do it later.....So

run a 8 guage power wire from the battery, fuse this wire no farther away from the battery than 18 inches (fuse the same size as one in amp).

8 guage ground to bare metal, scrape off the paint and use a bolt and washer (sheet metal screw is not a good connection)

remote turn on lead will have to be to a switched power connection (one that turns off when the key is removed), or from power through a switch......the amp has to be turned off when you leave the vehicle or the battery will be dead when you get back............ 16 guage is ok for the remote lead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have to use an amp to hook these speakers up there is no other way to wire them from the deck?
Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
no....the deck will not handle the load the extra speakers will place on it....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.