Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 RAM 1500
360 4X4

I have been having a problem with my battery draining lately. I finally decided to make the time to figure it out. I OHMED the battery with the negative cable disconnected. I pulled fuses until the battery no longer ohmed out. It was the #13 10A fuse for the power door locks. I disconnected both of the cannon plugs to the switches on both doors. The battery still OHMS out with them disconnected. This means it is somewhere else in that circuit. Assuming the cannon plugs are good, where might I look to see where the short is?
Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scratch all that!!!!!!!!!!
It is not the power locks, it has to dp with the inertia reel for the seatbelt that is the seatback of the driver's side seat. This is on the doemlight circuit that also operates the stereo system.
I plug and unplug the fuse, I can hear something in that seatback clicking. It is right where the seatbelt goes into the seat back. Unplug the fuse, the seatbelt won't pull out from the seat.......it stays locked.
Any ideas?

·
Derelict
392 Posts
There's a seatbelt control module under the middle front seat. If it fails or the connector is loose then it powers a seatbelt solenoid, and drains the battery.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The seatbelt timer module stays on for 30 minutes after it's triggered by the ignition or the door switches, so you have to wait till after that period to tell whether it's misbehaving, but they are known to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.