DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my 2001 Durango 4x4 has a problem. The power door locks are clicking on and off constantly, even when the car is turned off. I disconnected all of the power door locks one by one to include the rear hatch and the clicking still happenend. The clicking seems to be coming from a module near the emergency brake pedal. My locks in all the doors and hatch are working fine, they just keep clicking on and off. Anyone have any experience with this problem??
Thanks in advance.
Dennis

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
It's due to moisture getting in one of the arm/disarm switches in one of the the front doors or the hatch. One of them needs to be replaced. There is a TSB for this. In the meantime, identify the fuse and pull it when you park it so the dors do not unlock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for yur advice. Just one question. After I disconnected all of the electrical connections to the locks of the four doors and hatch, the car was still making the clicking sound under the dash near the emergency brake. There is a box there with three wiring harness connections going into it. Wouldn't this tell me that the electrical connections to the power locks, and the locks themselves are not the problem?
Also, I have not been able to find a fuse for just the power locks on my 2001 Durango 4.7L. Any advice?
Thanks,
Dennis

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
You're probably just hearing the relays clicking on and off, that doesn't necesserily tell you where the problem is coming from.

As Neil said, there's a TSB out for the exact problem you're having - so that's most likely the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.