DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for months for a Ram 1500 Quad cab 4X4 with specific features
Like the 5.7 Hemi, Automatic transmission, heated Mirrors, etc. etc.
The biggest issue I have found was with the Adjustable Pedal option.
This will be driven by my girlfriend which is about 5'2" approx and
has issues currently with a 89 Taurus being able to touch the pedals without
sitting extremely close to steering wheel.
In case of Air bags I have heard that is extremely dangerous.
Her 2005 T&C Touring van had the adjustable pedal feature and she loved it.
(sadly a Driver without insurance tried to drive through van at intersection destroying it)
my question is how hard is it to swap out a Non Adjustable pedal unit with a adjustable one?
Since the 5.7 Hemi uses electronically controlled throttle I assume it just has a Potentiometer on
throttle pedal to signal the throttle plate so the only hang up I can see would be the connection to the Brake Master
cylinder

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you haven't found a truck to buy yet, look only at one with the Laramie trim. Mine came with adjustable peddles. (06 2500 CTD 4X4 Laramie). If you already have the truck, I have a feeling it will be a significant project to convert and probably be expensive unless you can find a junk yard queen with the adjustable in it.

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you haven't found a truck to buy yet, look only at one with the Laramie trim. Mine came with adjustable peddles. (06 2500 CTD 4X4 Laramie). If you already have the truck, I have a feeling it will be a significant project to convert and probably be expensive unless you can find a junk yard queen with the adjustable in it.

Mike
Actually found a couple but have not purchased yet.
Yea my Idea was to go to wrecking yard and get parts I need, or possibly eBay.
I actually added the overhead EVIC to a 2005 T&C replacing the stock one that only showed Temp and Direction and it was super easy and cheap.
Though not the same thing I have a feeling some neat options can be added by finding components and installing them.
though again I have heard in order to get some things to function you have to either go to dealer and have option activated in computer or have a programmer that allows you to do that yourself.
One huge tool I have in looking for the right vehicle is http://chrysler.custhelp.com/app/chrysler/eqlisting_detail/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ2NjczMjQ2NC9zaWQvSUJiSmdQVG0%3D

This allows you to enter the Vin of 98 or newer vehicle and it displays the Build sheet/Equipment Listing including standard and Optional equipment.
It has helped me as I find almost all dealers and of course private sellers either do not list options other then basic pw,ps,ac,abs,tilt,cd etc.
I have found in optional listings where gear ratio or transmission was upgraded but not listed as they appear to use standard options.
Plus I find a huge amount of equipment listed that I never really thought about so it gives you a much greater amount of data when comparing vehicles.
Just thought that may help someone.
FYI I have been looking now since 9-22-16 and actually have found some close to what I want but obviously not exactly yet so I am not rushing into first one I find. Especially paying cash as I think I can or should get better deal then most asking prices with that much cash on hand.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*UPDATE* found a unit part# P52855493AI
It is for a 08 Durango 5.7
anyone know if this part number is compatable with the 08 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi?

·
Registered
112 Posts
power adjustable pedals was an option even in laramie models so just because the truck maybe a laramie does not mean it will same with sunroofs. I have an SLT with them.

Look at SRT models I have seen alot of pedal setups on eBay over the last few months pulled from them.

Once installed you would not need to worry about dealer programming unless you changed out the entire dash wiring harness and maybe the engine bay side as well to include the plugs and additional wires so with that said its basic power and ground put on a switched fuse circuit and your done.

pedal assembly comes complete well at least installs that way and properly removed that way then will need a switch if oem then there is the specific dash trim/shroud. +/- thats it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Forgot too for the switch there is a light as it is the same as the window switches so of course there will be illumination wires too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@pdpunome
Thanks for that info. I literally found 4 Rams listed recently for sale and none came with Adjustable pedals so knowing this is semi easy R&R job makes finding the best deal much easier.
just ran across a 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 (Powerwagon Off Road Group)
Wow the factory equipment listing is amazing

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.