Yes I have finally started the powder coating of the
front and rear springs
rear driveshaft
front dual shock mount
steering components
trac bar
control arms
rear reese hitch
and getting the front driveshaft paintd to match it has plastic in the splines and can't power coat it.
I will post pics as soon as it gets done hould be soon though.

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
What are you using to bake the powder?

and.....

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't give pics without something to take pictures of. He is using a huge oven the parts should be done tomorrow will pst pics of the parts off then installedhave been wanting to do this for a while it is a expenive unnecessary job but will look sweet.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Mmmmm I love powder :cool:
Look forward to seeing pics, how many different colors?

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all suspension to body color

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
That will look hot! Curious how much they are charging you if you dont mind me asking

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
500.00 because my paint is metallic flake and the powder coating is two step coating because of this

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Sounds like a very good price IMHO.
Had valve covers & chrome diff cover done by a shop back in 98 ($200). Went back last year to get my Procharger main/sub brackets, tb hat and one other piece done and they wanted $650 to start! After cleaning my shorts out I ended up buying a gun, bunch of powder and large convection/toaster oven and doing it myself. Any part that would fit Ive powdercoated. Like to do the big stuff but need to build a large oven first.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Funny how the price is all over the place. I had my timing chain cover, power steering pump pulley and a few odds and ends powder coated including clear coat for $180.00.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow I don't feel bad then. Sounds like I got a decent price it sounded good only reason I decided to actually do it in the first place.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Thats 650 Cdn btw, they bend us over up here big time on almost everything. Contemplating doing some pc work on the side to support my modification/power habit lol.
Any price you pay US for modifications, costs me generally 40-80% more. My last order from Summit was $888 but with shipping, tax, brokerage fees & $conversion was over $1400 to my door.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow that sucks I got a call from the guy today and he had problems with the sand blaster but will be done saturday

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Hows things going with the PC?
Remember
:postpics:

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres the pics I have.

Attachments

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh and it was 350.00 or those parts I hope to have the front together in the next few days and start on the rear springs, driveshaft and reese hitch

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
looks awsome i might have to do mine now

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
That looks great, cant wait to see the assembled pics too :cool:

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will post as soon as it is assembled going to sink another 1500.00 in it for the shows this year will never win but as long as people don't look at it and say why is that here I will be happy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.