DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got mine nearly done. Still need to clean up soem wiring. Clean all my garbage out of the truck and eventually move them amp to behind the rear seat.

Alpine IVA-D310 in dash dvd with ipod adapter
Polk DB6500 components in front
Polk DB 650's in back
Rockford p10002 amp
Eclipse 7000 series 10 inch subs
Joe Fox box

note that is not the permanent setup for the amp. I still have to move it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man those pics are kinda embarassing.

Tomorrow I am gonna clean up my truck and get some better pics for you guys.

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
hey bill, where'd u get those ram stickers for the dash?

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
I saved the logo from the Dodge website in 1998 & took it into PhotoShop and turned it black. Then I enlarged it to the size of the area that I needed, and printed it out on a laser printer.

To make it stick, I used two-sided tape.

·
Registered
616 Posts
not in the truck...but it is my former baby...

the inside of the enclosure is suede and it got covered with black leather to match the leather interior i had put in the car.

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Here's what I have in my reg cab Ram now, wanting to add more subs. Right now it has eight Optidrive 12's in a ported box blowthrough, several mids and highs, 7" indash screen and a 15" screen off the bedcover. These pics are a little old, since they were taken truck is lower and the subs have been switched from 2ohm DVC to 4 ohm DVC. They are the same brand just gives a 2ohm load on the amps.

Attachments

·
Sheeps are fun
106 Posts
Hey Bill. Where did you find those front pillars and are they for 1 inchers? I have a pair of said tweeters that I'd like to add into my rig, but I don't like my location options. That setup you have is great! Any info would be greatly appreciated! - Thanks.

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
I made them.

First, place a piece of masonite in the location where the tweeters will be mounted.

Then, stretch a piece of thin material over the piece. I like to use grille cloth.

Coat the whole piece with fiberglass resin, then cut out the holes for the tweeters.

When the resin hardens, wrap the pieces with genuine Dodge vinyl.

Finish the peices by adding the tweeters.

Finished Product:

I wasn't happy with the first set, so these are the finished product from the second set that I made.

·
Sheeps are fun
106 Posts
Bill, thanks not only for the prompt answer but for the details on the how to as well. Thats one sweet looking job. As to the second set, did you simply do a "tighter" molding around the masonite? In any event, would you mind if I "stole" your idea?

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
The first set stuck out further:

This caused a slightly narrower sound stage than I wanted.

Additionally, the vinyl upholstery was slightly wrinkled near the windshield due to the extreme bend that the larger shape created.

I don't mind if you steal the idea, I stole it fair and square from another former SQ competitor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.