DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new 2500 quad cab 4x4 and am looking to put one of these two tires on. Can you guys post up some side shots of both? Other suggestions welcome also. Will I need the leveling kit?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pic's in gallery...

·
Registered
236 Posts
JIMBOMAN: I see you have replaced shocks up front. How has ride changed for you...? Also where did you get 2" spacer and why put that in? I have 2005 ram 2500 and trying to get ride a lil smoother. I ordered 2 Rancho 9000x shocks for rear but didnt think fronts needed replacing with coils being there... maybe you can explain?

Thanks kevin

·
Registered
278 Posts
I went with Spacers, got 'em off Ebay (Top Gunz Customs, I think) - did it just to level the front. The stock shocks are, literally, crap. When going over the slightest bump, it seemed like the shocks weren't dampening any of the spring rebound - especially up front. I went with the 9000x's because of their adjustability. The ride has improved quite a bit, but now I'm going to lift it - so I'm changing direction completely (again!) lol.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hmm my truck appears to be pretty level. Are stock 2500's 2 inches lower in the front? Witht he height as is, it is hard to tell that it is not level.

I want to lift it too but the cost of the lift kit and tires is a bit much at once let alone to have it installed. So I may just go with the shocks.

Is there a kit to put multiple shocks up front rather than the one ? Wonder how much difference this makes.

Is there a way I can replace the shocks myself..either front or back? I am pretty mechanically inclined just need a walk through on steps if possible to do myself.

kevin

·
Registered
278 Posts
The shocks are easily replaced. From the factory, expect that the shock bolts (especially the lowers, at least on mine) are WAY tight. The front shocks require you to pull the towers and the springs, which is pretty easy. I believe there is a post in the forums describing how to do this. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

I'm under the impression that all Rams sit nose down from the factory in stock form. At least on my truck, the nose was down and it showed. I think this was done by design, to probably improve visibility, and load capacity.

·
Registered
236 Posts
sure if you could let me know the links to threads on this I would appreciate it. I might opt to just go for the 4 or 6" lift kit but if I do this... do I need to do the 2" front spacer as well? I just dont know if I can swing the price of the lift kit, install, and new tires....

Thanks kevin

·
Registered
442 Posts
You dont need to pull the springs....heres the link to my step by step experience....http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54730&page=2
If you get a 4" or 6" lift kit, it will come with all the necessary spacers. Lastly, the 2500's do sit about 1.5" lower in the front from factory. Im not sure if you NEED to raise the front to fit the 315's, but I did because it looks better and then you have no worries for sure.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thats the first time Ive seen chrome hummer wheels on a black 2500.....looks damn good Dan :rck:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im pretty sure they will fit, but you may have a slight rub at full lock. Go to your local tire shop and have them do a test fit for you. They should be more than happy to do it....especially if they think you are going to buy $1000 worth of tires from them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here's mine on 35x12.5x17's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Romad what kind of tires are they?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Duckbutter48 said:
Romad what kind of tires are they?
They are Les Schwab's SXT Mud Terrain. They are more like a real aggressive All Terrain. They are $256 a piece. They gave me $160 each for the tires that came on the truck so total only paid $455 for these. To good of a deal to pass up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thx. I thought they didnt look like a real aggresive mudder which is exaclty what Id like to find. Nice ride.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I'm not sure what the 305's and 315's are equal to, but here is a shot of mine on 35/12.5/20's with a slight 3" lift (mostly to level, but a bit higher that stock).

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.