DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
justin_k's thread got me thinking about mounting stock 3rd gen 20'' rims on my 2nd gen 4x4. Since my truck has a four inch lift, i'd want bigger tires to fill-out the wheel wells (about 35's). So if anybody in here has this set-up, or any 20's with bigger tires then please post some pics to give me an idea. Does anyone make off-road tires for 20's? Thanks guys

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
This is mine (sorry, it's a 3rd gen... had 16.5's on my 2nd gen) and the tires are about 33 1/2"s tall.

There are several aggressive tires now for 20's such as Nitto, Toyo, Super Swampers and a couple others as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i'm talking about, your set-up looks good. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those tires?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The tires... I seem to be the only one with such a sweet deal... I got the tires and wheels for about 2.8K.

BTW, the sweet deal part was sarcasm... everyone else seems to get tires so much cheaper.:(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is sorta pricey, but they do look good.

How do you like having the ctd compared to gas engine in a truck when it comes to daily driving?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Man, there is no comparison... lol This is the first diesel I've had and I'm not too sure I'll have my rig as a gasser unless it's a car I plan on hot rodding. My daily driving is about a 7 mile trip to work and back and maybe another 1 or 2 during the day for lunch or needing to come in for something. Other then that, I don't make but maybe 20 miles at max round trip anywhere here in town since it's small. I can be on it a fair amount and still get 16 mpg out of it... so I'll still easily get 350 or 400 miles on a tank no problem. But once you get them on the open road, that's when you'll really get good mileage. I went 1/3 tank on the freeway and the rest was spent on it every chance I had and still pulled out almost 550 on that tank. :)

And yea, it was kinda pricey for the tires and wheels... but when I got them, at the time there really weren't a lot of options out there so I was at the mercy of the market there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.