Not open for further replies.
421 - 434 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is that the uvw or the loaded weight, I ask because I have the same truck with the 4.10 gears and I'm looking at the http://www.jayco.com/products/fifth-wheels/2016-eagle-ht/285rsts/ or this http://www.jayco.com/products/fifth-wheels/2016-eagle-ht/275rlts/ it going to be just the wife and I and also what kind of hitch you using?
UVW shown on the little yellow sticker, it's like 7980ish. Loaded we are pushing close to 10k. This is the hitch we are using, pricey but well worth not having to worry about hitting the cab:

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Oh okay thank you, this is the kind of weight I'm looking at also when we get ours 5th wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh okay thank you, this is the kind of weight I'm looking at also when we get ours 5th wheel.
If you are particularly looking at Cougars, look at the 330RBK. That is the one we really liked and wanted but was out of our price range so we settled on the 29ROB. Cougar does not make it anymore. The thing we liked about the 330 was the wardrobe slide in the front bedroom as well as the outside kitchen. Ours does have a fridge outside but no sink or stove. We also have a lack of clothes storage in the front bedroom area and it's a bit tight up there. I have to scoot to the end of the bed to be able to stand up. Don't get me wrong, we still like it, just not 100% what we really wanted. Kids really love their huge opposing slide room with their own t.v. though! :wink

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
If you are particularly looking at Cougars, look at the 330RBK. That is the one we really liked and wanted but was out of our price range so we settled on the 29ROB. Cougar does not make it anymore. The thing we liked about the 330 was the wardrobe slide in the front bedroom as well as the outside kitchen. Ours does have a fridge outside but no sink or stove. We also have a lack of clothes storage in the front bedroom area and it's a bit tight up there. I have to scoot to the end of the bed to be able to stand up. Don't get me wrong, we still like it, just not 100% what we really wanted. Kids really love their huge opposing slide room with their own t.v. though! :wink

That do look awesome, is it a bunk house it's just the wife and I all of our's kids are grown but the guy at the rv's place have being calling me but I have been very busy lately.. also the payload of that is a little over 2K so that might be pushing it with ours 2500 6.4L.

·
Registered
17 Posts
By payload I'm assuming you are talking about pin weight/hitch. Not sure how loaded up your Ram is but I have Tradesman with a payload of 3200 pounds. Check your yellow sticker on your door jam. Should give you an idea. You should be OK with that pin weight if it's just the 2 of you. Then again I guess you don't need the bunkhouse. Check out the 326RDS or the 327RES, might be more up your alley.

Here's a good link to a trailer tow chart: http://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/towing_guide/pdf/2016_ram_2500_towing_charts.pdf

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Oh yeah mines is the Big Horn with the payload of 3300, and with the hitch weight of 2K+ to me it didn't leave too much more at you load up people, hitch, water, camping gears, etc but it's all good I'm planning on going back to look at some more 5'er soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The trailer weighs in at about 7,000 dry. This truck pulls like no other truck I've had. Many chevy's. I had a 6.0L in the last one. Huge gas hog, and no power.

On this truck, I put air bags in the coils. Easy job. I've got the equalizer hitch. I've got to dial that in yet. I pulled home on a very windy day, and the rig was swaying like a whale. It was down right scary.

I had a 29 foot toy hauler before this trailer. I only pulled that once, with this truck, and didn't seem to sway, nearly as much.

I've got some tweeking to do before she pulls good.

What gear you running? 3.21 or 3.92? I got 3.21 and looking at keeping my trailer below 6500 per the dealer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you all suggest for travel trailer max weight? Looking to get one next month I have a 16ram big horn 2wd with 3.21 and 8sp.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
What do you all suggest for travel trailer max weight? Looking to get one next month I have a 16ram big horn 2wd with 3.21 and 8sp.

I have heard that those who have those gears tow about 8K but maybe those who are running those gears will chime in.

421 - 434 of 434 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.