381 - 400 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is what I tow.

·
Fireball!!!
1,049 Posts
I stopped with the rear tires in a drainage ditch by the dumpster to throw trash away. If you look at tires in wheel wells the truck is perfectly level. And yes I have a WDH setup. Its a round bar?friction style with backup? What ever that means. They installed it at RV place where I bought trailer it was 500 bucks plus 100 to install. ouch as well! Took like 10 min for install.
Looks like I need to pay way more attention to details before I pop a picture up. Lol. Man you guys are picking me apart. The truck has airbags that level the truck anyway. I'm going back to hidden falls in Jan I'll take better pics and start a new thread this ones been hijacked enough already
I see you are from C.C. TX. I'm from So.TX as well. Just a tip. We have been glamping at a place in Spicewood TX called Krause Springs. We go there a few times a year. If you are looking for something different you wont be disappointed. this is a spring fed swimming hole. Water is ice cold. Awesome fireworks show on July 4th:gr_patrio. If you can get a site. We reserve that week a year in advance. BTW this is a private family owned campground. Check out their website and/or FB page..
sorry MODs for getting off subject.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Other than a longer wheel base, and a beefier frame what does a 2500/3500 have over my old Durango?

Better frame, better axles, better driveline, better cooling, better brakes, better tires,,,,?

Thats such a silly question

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
Better frame, better axles, better driveline, better cooling, better brakes, better tires,,,,?

Thats such a silly question
You don't say! I heard all the hotshotters were selling their trucks for Durango R/T's.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
1. Second gen, so no R/T's not in Canada anyhow :p

2. Yes, all that helps it get going, better brakes is arguable as to how much "better" it'll actually stop a loaded trailer if the trailer brakes are setup properly. Better tires... maybe stock vs stock, maybe I wasn't running 10ply, but I did have load rated tires. From what I can find on the hemi 2500s they ran the same motor and transmission that I had in my Durango. Yes the axles were beefier, I'll give you that one.

3. I actually know a hotshotter with 2 Durango's in the fleet. One with 375K miles and the other being my old one.

You can flame and troll me all day long, I don't really care. Did I say a Durango was a better work horse than a 2500, no. My point was just because you overload one and drive accordingly the world isn't going to end.

·
Registered
284 Posts
About two years ago, I was in line to empty tanks out. In front of me was an older TT that was decent looking. I asked what size and was a 28ft bunk house. When I walked around the front, I almost had a heart attack. He was towing that with a Jeep Liberty, I kid you not. I said to him, you're kidding, right. You got a bigger rig somewhere and just to empty tanks. He said no. I said you scare the hell of out me with that set up. He said it pulls and stops very good. I said I don't buy that for a moment and now I see he was irritated with me. I told him that I was glad he was leaving way before me so I wouldn't be on the road same time and walked away. I have a Ram 1500 and had a 24ft at the time and that truck struggled at times so I know he was just kidding himself. I was in total dis-belief of using that small SUV to pull a 28ft. Me personally, I wouldn't be afraid to pull that with a Durango. They are fairly big size SUV. I have also watched people towing 22ft & 24ft TT with Dodge Caravans and Honda Odessy, not me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
About two years ago, I was in line to empty tanks out. In front of me was an older TT that was decent looking. I asked what size and was a 28ft bunk house. When I walked around the front, I almost had a heart attack. He was towing that with a Jeep Liberty, I kid you not. I said to him, you're kidding, right. You got a bigger rig somewhere and just to empty tanks. He said no. I said you scare the hell of out me with that set up. He said it pulls and stops very good. I said I don't buy that for a moment and now I see he was irritated with me. I told him that I was glad he was leaving way before me so I wouldn't be on the road same time and walked away. I have a Ram 1500 and had a 24ft at the time and that truck struggled at times so I know he was just kidding himself. I was in total dis-belief of using that small SUV to pull a 28ft. Me personally, I wouldn't be afraid to pull that with a Durango. They are fairly big size SUV. I have also watched people towing 22ft & 24ft TT with Dodge Caravans and Honda Odessy, not me.

that right there is the reason for tow ratings. imagine being stuck behind that a-hole on a grade or in front of him when he can not bring it to a stop because the tail is wagging the dog.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Okay sir, sound good and thank you I love old cars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont have pics but 2nd day I owned my truck I pulled my 2006 300 on a trailer for about 150 miles was about 5500#'s it pulled great. I pulled my brothers car from Phoenix Az to Wash DC when through the hills in Flagstaff and AlbQue that was about 5000#'s and again it pulled great! I was getting about 15mpg on that trip, the drive out there I was getting 21mpg and was mostly going about 80 -90mph. 90 mostly in tx where speed limit was 80.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This the Toy Box. To be built out as a RV/hauler of sorts. Canopy, 110/12v hook up box, RV slider windows and a RV side door are the first mods to work on. 829.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tows like a champ! There's another sled in the toy hauler, which is all it is usually towing all winter to and from the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just about got the WHD where I want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts

I have one of theses

381 - 400 of 434 Posts
Status